Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yuvi !! Nice alias buddy I was wondering where your Dads car was hiding
Could be Yuvi's dad himself.

Possibly M6G's first father/son membership team.

;)
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Could be Yuvi's dad himself.

Possibly M6G's first father/son membership team.

;)
Now I just have that damn Arrested Development song in my head " Mr Wendelllllll "

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Advice wanted.

When I told my dealer I didn't want the license plate holders they said...
they can't fit plates with double sided tape, can't bend them and also that the license plate holders can be removed at any time... eep!

Can anyone suggest how I approach this? I really don't want them drilling holes and fitting the ugly bits :/

Another one - I'm thinking of getting a Lakin bracket for the rear and I already have a Craig's bracket for the front.
I'm planning to go with the US size Mustang plates - which there isn't a Kingpin cover for at this stage, so I'm probably stuck without a cover too?
Can anyone confirm the Lakin bracket will work fine with the US size plates? Should I just use the Ford mount for the rear (since it was designed for a US size plate anyway?)

Thanks!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone suggest how I approach this? I really don't want them drilling holes and fitting the ugly bits :/
Tell them that if there are ANY holes drilled, you will refuse delivery (hollow threat I know - they will probably know it too).

Most dealers will do what you ask - if your salesman continues to be difficult, call/email the dealer principal with your request. Perhaps you can use the "satisfaction" survey as leverage.

The holes that the dealer will drill through the dimples to fit the factory brackets will end up larger than those required for the Lakin brackets. This will cause issues as you intend to fit at least one of the Lakins at a later time. I would also be concerned that the outer edges of the factory brackets will mark your bumpers in places that won't be covered up by the Lakin.

You need to be firm on this, holes in your front bumper will defeat the purpose of the Craig's bracket in particular.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Advice wanted.

When I told my dealer I didn't want the license plate holders they said...
they can't fit plates with double sided tape, can't bend them and also that the license plate holders can be removed at any time... eep!

Implement [MENTION=14340]HybridGT[/MENTION] method for front plates - cable ties to grill through plate holes, deal with the rest at home.

Add soft edges to plate (i.e. sticky tape etc) to prevent scratching on bodywork

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Can anyone confirm the Lakin bracket will work fine with the US size plates? Should I just use the Ford mount for the rear (since it was designed for a US size plate anyway?)

Thanks!
The Lakin's should be fine.

I have VIC US plates (305 x 155 mm)and I have ordered the Lakin US brackets for rear and front. Lakin website offers US/International 305x155mm, so they should be suited to your plates. Any concerns drop Philip of Lakin a note.

You're right about no covers available. I'm fine with that

Reactions: ssb

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
My Dealer has been Very Reasonable. I also told them I have a Sho-n-Sto bracket for the front with US plates, they even offered to fit it pre delivery. I told them I'll put it on when I get Home. They were very obliging. So asking for no holes in front bumper is not unreasonable!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
What Drewbo said.

My dealer does double sided tape - he's smart enough to ask what the customer wants and obliges.

Billca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
My dealer has offered to deliver the mustang to my door using trade plates so I can fit the number plates in my garage. He is having one of his staff follow to drive him back to the dealership and it's a 60km round trip for him. I'm impressed because it was his idea not mine.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback

I have VIC US plates (305 x 155 mm)and I have ordered the Lakin US brackets for rear and front. Lakin website offers US/International 305x155mm, so they should be suited to your plates. Any concerns drop Philip of Lakin a note.

Philip at Lakin will make a custom set for you if the size that he has doesn't fit depending on their measurement. He even rang Transport SA to get the exact size of the custom square plate so he could make the exact size bracket.

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
My dealer has offered to deliver the mustang to my door using trade plates so I can fit the number plates in my garage. He is having one of his staff follow to drive him back to the dealership and it's a 60km round trip for him. I'm impressed because it was his idea not mine.
Just watch that the trade plate does not scuff the bumper as I have seen that on chrome bumpers that have had trade plates on them. This is caused by the plate swinging on the straps.

Ozboticon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
GT Ruby Red
I'm getting the sho-n-sto brackets put on. I took them around this morning to my dealer. We went out the back to the detailers (who must be the ones who add the plates) and he advised that they have a blanked "Do Not Drill" on the whole load coming in. They have been very good about all this.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

Philip reckoned Altrex may make covers the right size for those plates, but I couldn't find any, so I think I'll be going coverless as well.

I've landed on the 306x155 NSW US Mustang plates (they look better in the flesh and they come in black to match the Black 'stang)!

Finally ordered a Lakin for the back of mine and will use the Craig's for the front.

Also, good news everyone! My dealer has agreed to not drill for the Ford brackets, so I can fit the Lakin and Craigs, yay!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny how some people don't get it.
When it looked my Lakins wouldn't arrive on time, the salesman flippantly said "oh well, you can just whack those on there for the time being", pointing at the factory abomination...
"Mate, if those things go anywhere NEAR this car, we"re gonna have a big problem" was the best I could muster.....

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Where do these pricks get off thinking they can just throw shit on your car that you specifically say you don't want. I'd rather delay my delivery than have that factory ugly plate holder on my car.
Sponsored