Update: Cat urine / front grille oil leak ha

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Are you confident its coming from YOUR car? You cleaned it off, and it came back in the same location? If not, it could very well be run off from some other clunker on the road.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Are you confident its coming from YOUR car? You cleaned it off, and it came back in the same location? If not, it could very well be run off from some other clunker on the road.
Honestly, now that it's been said, I'm really hoping it's just stray cat marking. It's the right height, condensed into that weird spot, and if you zoom into the first pic, it goes back through the grille instead of dripping down entirely, like it was force through. I could see a stray walking along the bumper, rubbing against the license plate, and marking before running off. I haven't had a light color car before, and if the strays have marked previously, I wouldn't have seen it. Anyway, I washed it off and will keep an eye on it!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Looks like the orange coolant to me, your expansion tank or one of the hoses is probably leaking. Start simple.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Probably nothing. Just keep an eye on that spot.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
OP, just clean up everything really well, and if it happens again, then start hunting for the culprit. You could also check obvious places, like all around the coolant reservoir (especially the hoses under it), BUT I wouldn't remove anything until I'm sure it's coming from your car. Good luck.

Wonder if the evap canister is still below fuel level in the Mustang. I find that practice stupid. I just filled up before coming home, and the damn pump didn't shut off, making a mess all around my car. It took me a fraction of a second to release the handle, but enough to make a huge mess. Geez. My garage smells like crap now, so had to spray SimpleGreen all over, to tame the odor. And yes, will have to wax that area again.

At any rate, hope nothing happens to my system, due to that. But better yet, hope Ford put the canister in such a way that it doesn't get filled up with fuel anymore. Does anybody know? Thx.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Update: cleaned it up, drove all day today using lots of boost and as little as possible, with no leakage whatsoever.

I do believe it was stray cat urine this when time lol.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
This is new to me. I always top it off on my V6 Accord and never had any evap issues, car had 101,000 miles when I sold it and still ran like a champ. Well my car is going back to the dealer so hopefully they buy this car back from me where I won't ever deal with this issue.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That video is of a car decades old. Wonder if new vehicles have a line going over the gas tank first, then down to the EVAP canister, to avoid gas getting into them. Accidents like mine yesterday (pump not shutting off) are impossible to avoid, and I doubt they'd ruin the canister with just one time. But it wouldn't surprise me if it can happen. If that would be covered under warranty, my bet is manufacturers probably fixed that old potential issue, but you never know.

"RocketPak, post: 3082163, member: 54614"]

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of the time a raccoon got under my hood and took a shit inside the fan shroud. Took a week to figure out where the smell was coming from.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
That video is of a car decades old. Wonder if new vehicles have a line going over the gas tank first, then down to the EVAP canister, to avoid gas getting into them. Accidents like mine yesterday (pump not shutting off) are impossible to avoid, and I doubt they'd ruin the canister with just one time. But it wouldn't surprise me if it can happen. If that would be covered under warranty, my bet is manufacturers probably fixed that old potential issue, but you never know.

My 18 EB would idle rough after fill up, and yes, I was guilty of topping up the tank after the pump kicked off. Ford replaced the evap purge valve under warranty and told me to stop topping it off. Problem is has been gone for the best part of a year.
The evap purge valve is in the engine bay, not near the tank. It's about a $45 part, if I remember, and takes minutes to replace. As I said, it was replaced under warranty but they put $245 on the invoice. There are a couple of YouTube videos on replacing it.
I don't know if this applies to the V8 or not.
Sponsored