Sponsored

Front Brakes Locked

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Went to back out of the garage this morning and the front brakes were locked. Had to apply major pressure for them to release, with a loud thunk. Anyone had this issue?
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Went to back out of the garage this morning and the front brakes were locked. Had to apply major pressure for them to release, with a loud thunk. Anyone had this issue?
Assuming you had washed the car, or had driven in the rain prior to the car being parked in the garage, it is the rotors binding to the calipers. After the vehicle is washed it should be driven even a short distance to get rid of the water on the rotors and help alleviate the binding.

OP
OP
rcowling@waspwildfire.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Many thanks Justin. I had washed it but drove it around 3miles before parking it. Very little braking though. I've had a lot of performance cars and never had this happen before. I almost thought the line lock had activated!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Many thanks Justin. I had washed it but drove it around 3miles before parking it. Very little braking though. I've had a lot of performance cars and never had this happen before. I almost thought the line lock had activated!
Bigger brakes/rotors = more area to bind :D

It can definitely be disconcerting; I let it happen a couple of times as well and felt like I nearly had to launch the car out of the garage :lol:

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me a few times as well

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Happened to me once . . . . . I learned my lesson.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
One of the many idiosyncrasies to owning this car. Others are long oil warm up time when ambient is cold, sequence of button pushes after startup to get to the mode you want, angled approaches to driveways so not to scrape the splitter and ingress/egress to avoid scratching cabin plastics with your feet.