Sponsored

From '16 Base GT350 to '16 GT350R

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Well, I am glad to report that I have found a GT350R!

I sold my 2016 Avalanche Gray Base GT350 a couple of months ago and frankly, I've been missing it. I sold the car because I received an offer that was too good to turn down. It was a quick decision, and I've been trained not to be married to any car. I made money after driving it 5k miles in 4 months - how could I not sell it haha.

So, since I've sold the car I've been searching for an R. What a journey - the lowest price I could find was about $30k adm. Then, this weekend I watched two cars sell - one for $40k over and one for $50k over - add to that, I watched the week prior when a dealer turned down a $50k over offer (the owner wanted to keep the car I think). I decided that the R was just too hot right now and I would need to wait. I had a local dealer offer me $20k over on a 17 GT350R and I could order it any way I wanted. Then... the right deal found me! My first choice color combo, Black, black stripes, electronics pack and car cover for $15k ADM. They had my $5k deposit wired to them within the first 5 minutes of conversation and now they have my $90K for the car. The car is currently on a truck making it's way out to California. I can't wait to drive it and will certainly update with differences I find between the base and the R. I have promised myself I'd never sell my 2013 Boss 302, I'm pretty sure I'm going to promise myself not to sell the 2016 GT3530R. I'm having a great time building a bit of a stable!

[/IMG]
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congrats!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Congrats man! What transport company did you end up going with and how much?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Very nice! Congrats again! :cheers:

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Congrats man! What transport company did you end up going with and how much?
I ended up working with Transport Luxury Auto, they were great to work with and were the quickest to have availabilities. The price is $1550, I received a ton of great referrals... never knew there were so many great transporters! My buddies at International Vehicle Importers got me the best deal (by far) but Transport Luxury Auto was quickest.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Very nice! Congrats again! :cheers:
haha Thanks brother! Sorry I had to keep it quiet for the night until they confirmed everything haha! Still worried about posting what dealer until the car's officially on it's way to me!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Congrats on the purchase looks awesome. I do have a question though, is everyone paying 85k plus for an r? Is anyone getting these at msrp?

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Congrats on the purchase looks awesome. I do have a question though, is everyone paying 85k plus for an r? Is anyone getting these at msrp?
From what I understand, finding one at MSRP requires a dealer that doesn't charge markups and/or relationships that are industry deep (Jay Leno kind of guys).

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The quick answer is no. Most people who got good deals ordered a year ago. It's rare to find a dealer with a 17 who isn't marking them up, after a years worth of excitement and reviews about the cars.

Now, it's unknown if there will be a 2018...You could try to get your name on a list "just in case" now....also if they do announce a 2018, the 17s that are sitting at high ADMs could drop some.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Are there any miles on it?

Kind of looks like the spring spacers are still installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Are there any miles on it?

Kind of looks like the spring spacers are still installed.
11 miles on it - I will be checking that when it arrives!

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I did get some advice to pick up a used R soon - you can get them around $85k with crazy low miles. Many think that once there are no more new Rs left the prices will slowly climb a bit and level out around $85k for a while (because so many are paying steep adms). In short, if you want the car in the next year and a half - you may want to try to pick it up now. The benefit is you're likely not overpaying, if you are you aren't overpaying by much and I'd rather buy a used R with 750 miles on it and 3 months old then buying an R with 3k miles on it and 1 year old.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Weird, there was that exact combo for sale right down the street for me and now its no longer listed hmmm lol

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Kept the boss too? Nice upgrade!
Sponsored