****FREE Velgen Mustang6G Appreciation*****

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Velgen: I speak only for myself here.

Thank you for the opportunity to win some neat wheels.

However, popularity contests weren't fair in high school and they are not fair now.

I did not like popularity contests then and I like them less now.

The wheels you are giving away are gorgeous. However, I know that at 2k a set I cannot afford them. I was initially excited to have a fair shot at winning a set, but after the rule change I felt slighted. I am not the kind to beg, and because I don't use social media that is not an avenue for me anyway. The exhortation to "fairness" seemed and seems disingenuous.

Again, thank you for giving away a product to the community: That's awesome, it really is.

However, I wish you'd been clear up front with what the rules and expectations would be.

Good luck to those who did well with whatever techniques they used to make the final cut, rather than sitting through a random draw.
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Velgen: I speak only for myself here.

Thank you for the opportunity to win some neat wheels.

However, popularity contests weren't fair in high school and they are not fair now.

I did not like popularity contests then and I like them less now.

The wheels you are giving away are gorgeous. However, I know that at 2k a set I cannot afford them. I was initially excited to have a fair shot at winning a set, but after the rule change I felt slighted. I am not the kind to beg, and because I don't use social media that is not an avenue for me anyway. The exhortation to "fairness" seemed and seems disingenuous.

Again, thank you for giving away a product to the community: That's awesome, it really is.

However, I wish you'd been clear up front with what the rules and expectations would be.

Good luck to those who did well with whatever techniques they used to make the final cut, rather than sitting through a random draw.
Also the poll system is super flawed, any member could make 50 accounts and vote for themselves, would take less than an hour and to be completely honest if I was in the top ten I can't say I wouldn't do it.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Yeah, there is that. However, I'd like to think that most of us are a bit more honest than to do such a thing!

Regardless, the comments on the thread (especially after page 9) were pretty funny. I got my money's worth from the thread!

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Also the poll system is super flawed, any member could make 50 accounts and vote for themselves, would take less than an hour and to be completely honest if I was in the top ten I can't say I wouldn't do it.
I didn't agree with change of rules either but whatever. It's their giveaway. I simply deleted my entry. However, you can see when accounts were joined. Obviously if the join date is after the contest opening, that would be fishy. I would hope that Velgen checked that before naming the finalists.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I didn't agree with change of rules either but whatever. It's their giveaway. I simply deleted my entry. However, you can see when accounts were joined. Obviously if the join date is after the contest opening, that would be fishy. I would hope that Velgen checked that before naming the finalists.
No i mean for the final poll, if you go and vote you see how manu votes each person has but not who voted, idk if Velgen can see ot on their end tho.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
No i mean for the final poll, if you go and vote you see how manu votes each person has but not who voted, idk if Velgen can see ot on their end tho.
Damn, you're right. I hadn't noticed that. :doh:

OP
OP
Velgen

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would like to apologize for any confusion there was. In the first post in the thread it was never stated that the winner was going to be drawn from a hat, it never even stated that Velgen was going to pick the winner. It just said that one lucky winner will be given a free set of wheels. This was not meant to be a popularity contest we just wanted it to be as fair as possible and even if we did pick from a hat some would say it was rigged, so we chose not to go that route at all. I do appreciate everyone for participating. We have no control on what people do on the poll, we hope everyone is honest but there is only so much we can have control of. At the end of day this was meant to be fun and we are giving a FREE set of wheels.​

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
But honestly huge thanks to Velgen for doing something like this, very cool!

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
My deal stands. If I win a lucky winner will get my wheels.
Sponsored