Sponsored

Found my Rear shipping spacers still in

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not all of us are what you would call “car guys”. Until this car, I didn’t consider myself one. That said, I’ve always done my own maintenance, to a point.
I can absolutely see this happening. How many of us have read and retained 100% of the owners manual and supplement?
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with an owner’s manual. This is basic GT350R awareness.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with an owner’s manual. This is basic GT350R awareness.
Yes, basic in your eyes....I get it and agree.
I‘ve seen folk buy half million dollar super cars on a whim, doesn’t make them well versed on the car. Just the way it is sometimes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well, bumping this thread up. Just discovered after 2300 miles that my dealer did NOT remove these prior to deliver on my 2019 GT350R. Brought it into the dealer this AM and fortunately still under warranty. I am not much more can be said on dealer incompetence than what has already been said. It is a race to the bottom.
I had the very same scenario with my 2016 GT350R as my Ford dealership did not remove any of the polyurethane spacers from the front/rear suspension of my car as well.

Having said that it did not take me very long to determine that the ride height of my car did not look correct along with the ride/short suspension travel seeming to be quite harsh and caught this issue within the first 150 miles and during the very first few days of operating my car.

I realize that not all people are automotive enthusiasts and are as anal as many of us others but to drive your car for ~2300 miles (and possibly up to a year) and not notice the incorrect ride height and/or ride quality while driving or even during an oil change is somewhat surprising but do understand and appreciate that this stuff happens from time to time.

In my case I had to get my MagneRide recalibrated due to an error code that flashed up after removal of the suspension blocks but sounds like you did not have that issue?

This is certainly a great lesson for all of us and that is to make ourselves as knowledgeable as possible prior to purchasing any high performance vehicle.

Additionally, I suggest that we surround ourselves with other enthusiasts who have the same passion for the same make and/or model as this issue may have be caught by a fellow car buddy in your area very early on.

Appreciate you being upfront and honest about this issue and happy that is all worked out in the end! :like: :like:

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Hmmm... 2300 miles with all 4 or just the rears? That had to be a harsh ride.

There’s no warranty issue associated with this and you could e easily removed them at home.

Yes, this should’ve been an immediate PDI item but I have to ask whether you told the dealer, “Don’t touch it.” If so, they may have felt the request to leave as is off the trailer = don’t touch.

Im just amazed it took you 2300 miles to examine your car thoroughly. This isn’t a Kia Sportage and these cars have been known to be sold with spacers in-place. Hmmm.
Not gonna lie. Disappointed in myself. I have more than 20 motorcycles, 2 motorcycle lifts and do all the work on them myself. Nothing goes to the dealership other than warranty/recalls. I am very mechnically oriented and do not shy away from wrenching. I had them off in 5 minutes. The rear ones are impossible to see at any angle. The front ones if I had ducked under and taken a good look I would have seen them. I just didn't. Yes, been on there the entire time. And I have had work done to the car. I take my own responsibility in it.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not gonna lie. Disappointed in myself. I have more than 20 motorcycles, 2 motorcycle lifts and do all the work on them myself. Nothing goes to the dealership other than warranty/recalls. I am very mechnically oriented and do not shy away from wrenching. I had them off in 5 minutes. The rear ones are impossible to see at any angle. The front ones if I had ducked under and taken a good look I would have seen them. I just didn't. Yes, been on there the entire time. And I have had work done to the car. I take my own responsibility in it.
You’ll appreciate this car so much better now. Glad you found them before you at some point got beat down by the porpoising.

look forward to hearing your experiences down the road now that your suspension is more free to breathe.:beer:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Looking forward to another MC guys perspective on your GT350R.

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Looking forward to another MC guys perspective on your GT350R.
Love the car. I had a regular 2016 GT350, 1st year. I also have a Focus RS. Both a joy to drive but different animals. I still gravitate to the bikes though I don't ride as much as used too. I have a 2016 Ducati Panigale V2 1299S that makes 207 at the rear wheel that is constantly trying to kill me.

Darth V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0, 2019 GT350
I picked up a 2019 GT350 with 2600 miles as a Ford CPO a few days ago. I noticed at the dealer the tires were quite worn and chalked it up to previous owner driving it as intended. On further inspection at home, I found the front driver side spring still had its shipping spacer installed!

looking further, I found that all four tires are worn similarly as though there’s positive camber. Would having these spacers for 2600 miles cause this sort of wear?I’m pretty upset that not only did the original dealer and owner not pick up on this, but also the Ford CPO inspection missed this. IMO, I’m entitled to a pro rated set of tires (maybe 15% left on outside tread) and damper recalibration at the least. What’s the best way to approach this with the dealer?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I picked up a 2019 GT350 with 2600 miles as a Ford CPO a few days ago. I noticed at the dealer the tires were quite worn and chalked it up to previous owner driving it as intended. On further inspection at home, I found the front driver side spring still had its shipping spacer installed!

looking further, I found that all four tires are worn similarly as though there’s positive camber. Would having these spacers for 2600 hundred miles cause this sort of wear?I’m pretty upset that not only did the original dealer and owner not pick up on this, but also the Ford CPO inspection missed this. IMO, I’m entitled to a pro rated set of tires (maybe 15% left on outside tread) and damper recalibration at the least. What’s the best way to approach this with the dealer?
I have never heard of a base model having shipping spacers. The R model had them because it was so low and could not get on the trucks without having the spacers to lift them up.A base model having it, that would be unique.

Darth V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0, 2019 GT350
I have never heard of a base model having shipping spacers. The R model had them because it was so low and could not get on the trucks without having the spacers to lift them up.A base model having it, that would be unique.
Definitely a spacer there as you can see in the picture. The tire wear doesn’t add up either. Should be wearing the interior with a factory set up, but all four are worn on the exterior. The 2019 supplement mentions the spacers, but doesn’t distinguish between 350/350R.

DE990A74-4F23-49C4-ACF8-763224E37463.jpeg

F189B0B9-298B-497D-88D1-A55F8E0D735D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: