Sponsored

Forscan

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone used Forscan for diagnostics and live data? How does it compare to a scan tool like autel tablet (MX808), launch, or other brands?
Sponsored

OP
OP

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply. Have you used it yourself? How capable of a laptop do you use? How was the live data? Does it find all DTC's. Any input would be appreciated.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I think you are overthinking this. I used it with a $17 VeePeak mini WiFi OBD dongle to figure out a random stall issue. Was able to check my valve timing, throttle positions, ignition, O2 and a bunch of stuff just fine. I preferred to output the data to Excel to zoom in on the problem. In the end it was a dirty throttle body. A little close of the throttle plate just killed the motor. Lol.

OP
OP

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think you are overthinking this. I used it with a $17 VeePeak mini WiFi OBD dongle to figure out a random stall issue. Was able to check my valve timing, throttle positions, ignition, O2 and a bunch of stuff just fine. I preferred to output the data to Excel to zoom in on the problem. In the end it was a dirty throttle body. A little close of the throttle plate just killed the motor. Lol.
Thank you.
Sponsored