Sponsored

FORScan message: "Unable to identify vehicle"

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Hello,
today I learned something new regarding my FORScan setup.

Scenario:
- Old laptop with FORScan installed and car profile saved (!)
- New laptop with fresh install of FORScan, no profile saved (yet)
- Car has custom tune (after last FORScan profile was saved to old laptop)

So, went to the car, plugged in the new laptop and got this message after connecting:
FORScan.png

What to do? :shock: This is telling me that the car got a tune and can't find the original profile in order to proceed.
In order to get passed that I had to save my last FORScan profile from my old laptop and copy it over
to the new laptop and connect again. That did it. :whew:

What did I learn? Let's say I didn't have a "saved profile" I would be kind of screwed I think. Probable had to turn the car back to stock, then save the profile and resubmit the tune to the car before being able to use FORScan with the new laptop setup.

Or future FORScan users:
before loading a custom tune to your car make a copy of your saved FORScan profile first and save it somewhere before submitting a tune to your car. Hope that will help someone in the future.

FORScan.png
Sponsored

factoryporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
prismarine
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Hello,
today I learned something new regarding my FORScan setup.

Scenario:
- Old laptop with FORScan installed and car profile saved (!)
- New laptop with fresh install of FORScan, no profile saved (yet)
- Car has custom tune (after last FORScan profile was saved to old laptop)

So, went to the car, plugged in the new laptop and got this message after connecting:
FORScan.png

What to do? :shock: This is telling me that the car got a tune and can't find the original profile in order to proceed.
In order to get passed that I had to save my last FORScan profile from my old laptop and copy it over
to the new laptop and connect again. That did it. :whew:

What did I learn? Let's say I didn't have a "saved profile" I would be kind of screwed I think. Probable had to turn the car back to stock, then save the profile and resubmit the tune to the car before being able to use FORScan with the new laptop setup.

Or future FORScan users:
before loading a custom tune to your car make a copy of your saved FORScan profile first and save it somewhere before submitting a tune to your car. Hope that will help someone in the future.

FORScan.png
What was it exactly that I extracted from the bag? I think I'd be in a bit of a pickle if I didn't have a "saved profile;" if that were the case, I wouldn't have one of those. Before using FORScan with the new laptop configuration, the car probably needed to have its factory settings reset, the user's profile needed to be saved, and the tune would need to be resent to the vehicle. All of these steps needed to be completed before FORScan could be used. Before being able to make use of FORScan, it was necessary to finish all of these steps first.