FORScan and vehicle warranty?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
you know, its pretty simple, but the guides all got removed or something, there used to be a master code sheet, seems someone deleted it, people kept going in there and deleting the codes being assholes. not sure why, but its gone now.

trust me, worth its weight in gold. - you need a windows laptop too. cheaper variants are slow, have toggles, can mess things up from dropped packets. this ones the real deal. quick instant, no dropped packets, safe. I even updated all my modules etc firmware and flashed my cars abs modules etc a few times, no hiccups.

but- don't dick with that stuff. just stick with changing the code lines, all reversible, nothing to worry about. just double check your lines to make sure you didn't fat finger anything in the wrong line. (you can just hit reset) as built, but still.

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1UIAYOK0EITKT&dchild=1&keywords=forscan+obd2+adapter&qid=1615952375&sprefix=forscan+ob,aps,456&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOVpEUlVXVDRCS1IwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTk4NTI2MVI1RFdaTElCMFZZMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzY4MzAwNThSNzA0M1pJMk1HJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Thanks for that link. I have a super fast windows laptop. Any idea where I could find that guide? Thanks!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
here's some of the codes.

edit. this guy saved a guy- but I can't open it, on my MacBook it gives me an error, but read his post, may work on your windows. but ive tried a few times can't open it myself

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/forscan-doc.22452/post-240906

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 11.47.47 PM.png

the original as built guide was massive, had like 200 different codes, but someone deleted that shit. I don't know how many codes are in the link above, download it, do what he said and see.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
here's some of the codes.

edit. this guy saved a guy- but I can't open it, on my MacBook it gives me an error, but read his post, may work on your windows. but ive tried a few times can't open it myself

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/forscan-doc.22452/post-240906

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 11.47.47 PM.png

the original as built guide was massive, had like 200 different codes, but someone deleted that shit. I don't know how many codes are in the link above, download it, do what he said and see.
Thanks!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the excel. It only contains 6 lines, tho.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
doesn't make sense, there's 482kb.

look for tabs on it

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Will do.

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend the following while you are in there.

Disable factory EQ in ACM. (pretty positive ACM)

move all chimes/sounds to dash in IPC (this makes it so when you are reversing/alerts etc.. doesn't blare through ALL the speakers full blast) only the alerts/chimes go through gauge cluster speaker. so much better imo.

disable seat belt chimes (I know.. I know..)

turn signal tap, instead of 3 blinks, I made mine 5. much more convenient.

disable honk on exit of vehicle

disable honk when double tap lock

disable the start up chimes when you open door to turn car on "Ching Ching Ching Ching"

idk. there's other stuff. look through the guide, but take 2 minutes to do everything, just write down al the values before you open it up, so you have them on hand to change instantly. Those are the things that come off top of my head that imo, are worth changing.
Do you remember the Forscan setting to move all chimes/sounds to dash in IPC? I had the EQ disabled but the chimes/sounds were way too loud so I set the EQ to default.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
in the ACM module you change this code. 727-01-02 xXxx xx 0=EQ off.
Question on that mod: Does it leave the treble, mid, and bass adjustments on the infotainment screen, or does it get rid of them? Just curious. Thx.

Oh, and I tried the chimes on the front speaker, and it sounds like crap. Not to mention when the rear parking/rear-cross-traffic-alert sensors sound, you have no idea where they're coming from, without looking at the screen. I immediately reversed it, but to each his own, of course :).

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Question on that mod: Does it leave the treble, mid, and bass adjustments on the infotainment screen, or does it get rid of them? Just curious. Thx.

Oh, and I tried the chimes on the front speaker, and it sounds like crap. Not to mention when the rear parking/rear-cross-traffic-alert sensors sound, you have no idea where they're coming from, without looking at the screen. I immediately reversed it, but to each his own, of course :).
those settings all remain. my screen doesn't look any different.

as for the IPC chimes to dashboard, here. below
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 5.11.49 PM.png

btw here's for start up sounds/chimes- don't know if they are same for 18+ but most codes remain the same

I have the perfect solution for you: DISABLE THOSE CHIMES. Ha ha. That's what I did. I disabled both the start-up and door chimes. Here's how to do it, in case you want to do that as well: IPC 720-01-02 xx0x x2xx. The '0' is for the door chimes, and the '2' for the annoying start-up ones.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There's actually about 78 lines but seems to be only 1 tab.
its a shame, someone deleted the file. it was a very nice collection of codes. its what I used when I coded my car. now I simply google each code individually using mustang6g forscan then description of code to find post with the code format.

people would literally go in, and hit delete, or wipe all the codes, because it was publicly allowed to be altered, but eventually someone got it wiped / removed entirely. not sure why it was done but sad. ford is scheming.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I found a copy of the excel file and saved it on my PC, it now has some of my notes added to it but you are welcome to a copy if you want to pm me your email :like:

WD :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
those settings all remain. my screen doesn't look any different.
That's great. What about the surround mode: still there? If yes, what exactly changes when you change that code then? Just the subwoofer operation? Mids and highs the same? Curious about that. Thanks man.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That's great. What about the surround mode: still there? If yes, what exactly changes when you change that code? Just the subwoofer operation? Curious about that. Thanks man.
no. mine was removed though when I put ACM from another car, thinking that didn't have offer surround, but I disabled the middle channel speaker in my car, but you can try it, then put it back if you don't like it.

but my car does not have surround sound option.

the car removes the limiters on the speakers, all the bass from all speakers, the limiters are removed from bass roll off etc. but don't worry it won't damage speakers, bass rolls off the cone if it can't play it. no damage to it.

I swear, I tell everyone to try the code, and see how they like it, but if you like it, 2nd step is to cover up the middle speaker, put a bunch of towels etc onto of it, to hear it gone, if you like it, snip the wire under kick panel.

eq disabled + middle speaker disabled, - pretty damn amazing imo

the code changes ALL the speakers, not just subwoofer, to clarify your question. everything becomes cleaner.
Sponsored