Sponsored

FORDPASS™ CONNECT WITH WI-FI HOTSPOT... Cost, Quality and Quantity?

ROCINANTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inigo
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2021 Antimatter Blue
I have my gt since a month. If i don´t renew th 3 month free trial, will i lose the remote start or the fuel capacity test?
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
The modem in the car has to be activated with AT&T cellular services. In effect, it is the equivalent of a cellphone. The initial 3 month promo based on the 2gb data plan is ok for what it is, but isn't sufficient if you start pulling a lot of data through that connection. I opted to upgrade to their $25 a month plan so that all the Ford Connect stuff would work, online updates could happen without needing my phone or WiFi network be available. And since my phones are Verizon and the car is AT&T, no matter where I travel, I usually have service I can rely on. The same way the car can piggyback WiFi to your phone's hotspot, you can piggyback your phone WiFi to the car's cellular service (onboard modem).

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have my gt since a month. If i don´t renew th 3 month free trial, will i lose the remote start or the fuel capacity test?
What is a fuel capacity test?

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Haha. You're saying fuel capacity test but what it really is is distance to empty.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Why do you need a phone app to check your fuel level? I'm genuinely interested to understand this.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why do you need a phone app to check your fuel level? I'm genuinely interested to understand this.
🤣😂. You don’t, really. It’s just a function of the app. Just like tire air pressure. Door locking and auto start are truly functional. The other stuff is window dressing.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Another nice function of FordPass is navigation. One feature I like is that you can search for an address on your phone, then the next time you start the car and the phone connects via bluetooth it will automatically set it as destination on Sync. It's much easier to do this in the comfort of your home than to fiddle with the Sync touch screen when you're in the car. Another thing is that it adds traffic information to Sync in areas where TMC isn't available; and it's quite accurate.

There are still little things that could be improved, but overall it seems to have come a long way from the useless buggy POS it used to be.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
🤣😂. You don’t, really. It’s just a function of the app. Just like tire air pressure. Door locking and auto start are truly functional. The other stuff is window dressing.
I understand the benefits of functional stuff and use myself from time to time. I don't have data subscription, but it still works, maybe because car is connected to home wifi. Never tried unlocking it from app away from home, as I happen to have a key with me. Remote start doesn't work on cars that don't shift themselves anyways.
But fuel.. I was really surprised to see that people are checking it through the app. That bloody v8 gas swallowing thing combined with microtank just makes refuel part of the morning routine. Brush teeth - take shower - breakfast - cold start blast - gas station.

ROCINANTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inigo
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2021 Antimatter Blue
in order to Know if i have just money enought in my pocket to get the tank full ...:cwl::cwl:.Here in Spain , Europe we need 92 euros (104 dollars) to do it. what about in USA?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
A little off topic, but the funny part I find, is many people are parked at their home, in their vehicle using it's internet connection with the car idling away. must be doing wonders to the air quality, with a bunch of cars idling away so the owner can stream shows/movies.
One of my Kids friends does this daily, for an hour plus.
He is so proud that he cut the cable company out of the tv and internet, and uses the cars internet instead.
Sponsored