Sponsored

Ford track pack and GT350R strut brace - worth it?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I'm currently in the process of buying mods for my Mustang that'll arrive in April.

I'm considering the Ford Performance track handling pack/lowering springs and the GT350R strut brace. Has anyone installed one or both, and was there a noticeable improvement in handling?

Just don't fancy shelling out $3K+ if it doesn't make a big difference - there are other mods I could spend that amount on instead.

My reasoning for considering the upgrade is to gain the ability to throw it round corners without the risk of skidding. I've already bought wider wheels (front and back) but that's the main motivation.

I should also add that I'm planning on supercharging it in a couple of years so want to have it all spec'd up beforehand so no other upgrades are required. I've just bought the GT350 rear Brembo brake conversion kit with that in mind. Yes I realise the strut brace won't fit over the supercharger.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I'm currently in the process of buying mods for my Mustang that'll arrive in April.

I'm considering the Ford Performance track handling pack/lowering springs and the GT350R strut brace. Has anyone installed one or both, and was there a noticeable improvement in handling?

Just don't fancy shelling out $3K+ if it doesn't make a big difference - there are other mods I could spend that amount on instead.
I have the Track struts and Steeda linear springs and they are a great improvement over stock. The whole package will be a good addition.

If you want to save a bit, skip the strut brace; it won't make a difference.

My reasoning for considering the upgrade is to gain the ability to throw it round corners without the risk of skidding. I've already bought wider wheels (front and back) but that's the main motivation.
The risk will always be there. No matter what you do you cannot overcome physics. At best you just increase the speed that you start to slide. ;)

I should also add that I'm planning on supercharging it in a couple of years so want to have it all spec'd up beforehand so no other upgrades are required. I've just bought the GT350 rear Brembo brake conversion kit with that in mind. Yes I realise the strut brace won't fit over the supercharger.
I'd have spent the brake money elsewhere....and I track my car regularly.

Last edited:

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
The track handling pack will make a massive difference. There are heaps of suspension options, personally I have BC Racing coilovers but I did consider the track handling pack and still think it would be a good choice.

The upgraded suspension won't necessarily make you less likely to slide/skid, however it will be much more controllable when you do. Personally I was not happy with the handling in stock form (for the way I drive).

As stoli said about the strut brace, it won't do a lot... It is more of an aesthetic thing. And if you are planning a supercharger I wouldn't waste my money... Also agree on no need for the rear brake upgrade. The stock package is great. Even on track I got no brake fade doing 2 hot laps back to back. However they will look good regardless!

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was so close to purchasing the FRPP Track Pack and the only reason I didn't buy it was I didn't want to wait the 8 weeks for it to get here. It is seriously the best bang for buck with what you get, there may be other stuff better but you can't get everything from other suppliers at the same price. The kit can be had for a touch over 2k AUD landed in Australia plus domestic shipping if your in no rush.

Last edited:

Sponsored

envyyvne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DiB
I was so close to purchasing the FRPP Track Pack and the only reason I didn't buy it was I was I didn't want to wait the 8 weeks for it to get here. It is seriously the best bang for buck with what you get, there may be other stuff better but you can't get everything from other suppliers at the same price. The kit can be had for a touch over 2k AUD landed in Australia plus domestic shipping if your in no rush.
Who was your supplier for this Unkle Ed? I'm looking at getting this set up myself

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Also would love to know the source for sub 2k!

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
The track handling pack will make a massive difference. There are heaps of suspension options, personally I have BC Racing coilovers but I did consider the track handling pack and still think it would be a good choice.
Would you mind sharing where you bought your coilovers ? :)

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Who was your supplier for this Unkle Ed? I'm looking at getting this set up myself
Also would love to know the source for sub 2k!
Talk to Phil at Pony Parts Australia, pretty sure he's around these forums. They are the Aussie distributor for Levittown Supercentre and Pony Parts can do better than dealing directly with them if your prepared to wait for sea freight and the added bonus of not having to worry about GST/Import Taxes etc.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've just bought the GT350 rear Brembo brake conversion kit with that in mind. Yes I realise the strut brace won't fit over the supercharger.

Would you mind letting me know where you got the rear brake upgrade from please?

Cheers

OP
OP

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I ask how much you paid and did it take long to ship here?
Pretty much 3 grand AU when you take exchange rates and import duty into consideration.

That was for 19x10 front and 19x11 rear.

Shipping was pretty good, only a couple of weeks I seem to remember.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT