Sponsored

Ford Racing tuner possibly in July.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
My brother was at the Ford swap meet in Columbus, Oh today and he talked to a Ford Racing rep who was there. He asked when the Ford Racing tune for the Ecoboost Mustang was being released, and was told '"in July".

Good! I'll be getting mine sooner than I thought I would!
Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Nice, I was expecting late 2015 early 2016, hope it comes out July though.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I can't wait to see what they are able to do with it

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
That's awesome news I hope it's all true and it comes out

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I wonder what kind of numbers they will be able to get with it.

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
I can only believe they will give it a mild boost IMO. I cant see it being as good as unleashed, Bama, livernoise etc. Speaking to a few companies about their products and reading across the forum everybody say if your going to tune the car a new intercooler is a must. Wondering if Ford Racing will do a intercooler/tune combo. All just speculation of course.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
However it will be mild or wild i will be getting it to have a warranty.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah im guessing it will be a mild boost in comparison to other tunes but the #1 thing i want out of it is keeping the warranty.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I'm crossing my fingers that they apply some secret sauce and the tune will make more power than anything offered by the aftermarket.

...eh, one can dream...

:headbonk::ninja::popcorn:

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I know you know this, but for a lot of other curious people: There isn't any secret sauce, not with a fixed set of hardware. Still, that's not what people try to imply sometimes when they are coy about how they did their tunes.

You move the cams around, you turn up the boost, you lean it out, you advance the spark. Besides some minor other things (injection timing, ignition dwell, that kind of stuff) that's really all you can do to pick up power and torque with a fixed set of hardware. Any tune you get from anybody is going to do this to a varying degree. It's just a matter of that person knowing what numbers to punch into what tables to get the desired result consistently.

Aftermarket tuners are going to use reverse engineered access to software and make the tune on a chassis dyno. Ford or whoever they contracted out to is going to have direct access to the software and use an expensive prototyping version of the stock ECU with an engine dyno.

Ford's going to have more constraints, especially exhaust temperature, turbo shaft speed, peak cylinder pressures, and in some cases emissions. Those are things that vendors typically aren't even measuring when they make their tune. The Ford tune will inevitably be more conservative relative to what a lot of vendors are advertising with the same hardware.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I had a Focus ST with the FRPP tune and intake and that tune puts out power equal and many times better than any of the aftermarket tunes available. If the mustang tune is similar it should be on par with aftermarket tunes.

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
It is probably going to be a 5-7hp and 15tq boost. They will not go all out like a Cobb or Livernois tune would. So while it may be a nice little boost, it wont be crazy.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
It is probably going to be a 5-7hp and 15tq boost. They will not go all out like a Cobb or Livernois tune would. So while it may be a nice little boost, it wont be crazy.
The Ford Focus ST Ford Racing Tune gave it a maximum of 90 ft/tq on 93 gas. So I'm guessing its going to be a little bit more than what you estimated.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Your a little low.

The Ford Focus ST Ford Racing Tune gave it a maximum of 90 ft/tq on 93 gas. So I'm guessing its going to be a little bit more than what you estimated.
+1

Focus ST's have made 350 ft/lbs at the wheels with the FRPP tune.
Sponsored