Sponsored

Ford Racing Tune 1/4 Mile Results

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Since the other thread is forever long and frequently goes off track, I decided to create a new thread with the results of the tune and intake.

These 1/4 mile passes were done in nearly the same conditions only 2 weeks apart. The da for the stock passes was around 650' and the da for the tuned passes were just over 600'. I couldn't have asked for a better comparison. Track conditions were subpar on both nights and traction was an issue both times with being tuned moreso, but that's expected.

The car was driven by my soon to be wife and is a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost base automatic with the 18" rims and 3.15 gears. No other mods have been done to the car other than the Ford Racing tune and intake.

The best stock pass she could get out of it was a [email protected]. This was leaving on about 5 lbs of boost with the tires inflated to 30 psi. The car wasn't spinning much, if at all, and none of the nannies were kicking in.

The best tuned pass either of us could get was a [email protected]. The car would not leave on more than 1-2 lbs without lighting up the tires and traction control taking over. I launched it at 10 lbs just to see with advance trac off and the car merely roasted the tires. We had the tires aired down to 26 psi cold which seemed to have netted the best 60'.

I'm very proud of her 1.818 60' time! She did great and now she's asking for a set of drag radials...

I can also tell that the car was getting heat soaked bad and it was bleeding off boost on the big end. An intercooler is next on the list along with the radials. I'd love to see a 12.999 out of this car with less than $1,200 in mods. Currently have $494.00 into the tune and intake and another $150.00 for the install.
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaGT

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a video of the tuned passes. Boring and uneventful, sorry.

First pass against the scion is a little wonky because I got nervous and hit the record button again on my phone. It's slightly nerve racking watching her go down the track... Now I know how she felt when I was clicking off low 9second runs on my bike.

[ame]

With a special guest appearance by [MENTION=9965]neodark[/MENTION]

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Dang. SteedaGT.....good to see you on here.

Been seeing you around on forums for a long time ;)

Good work on the times!

OP
OP
SteedaGT

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang. SteedaGT.....good to see you on here.

Been seeing you around on forums for a long time ;)

Good work on the times!
Haha I've been around a while and still have the same Mustang it all started with.

Thank you, but that was all her. Gotta work on her reaction time a bit and get her into some bracket events!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So you ran it with the nannies enabled? Definitely gotta turn those off, the second the wheels brake loose you're screwed. You can see that without a race track. That's very cool your wife is into it and doing well. It certainly helps to prevent any resistance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaGT

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nannies on, yes. I was the only one to run with the systems disabled and the tires just light up as soon as boost builds. 1st gear was pretty much useless and she went faster with traction control on and leaving on minimal boost. The car would get the right amount of wheelspin and would not interfere.

Drag radials will help the traction side of things. I want to see this car leaving on boost!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Once you get those drag radials, you'll find you need to talk to Kelly again or Steeda to get that IRS tamed. Wheel hop on these S550s is CRAZY!

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Those are some solid numbers there. Im sure that you will see quite a few tenths shaved off if you had better rubber. You will be able to launch with a bit more boost and as jbailer said you will not need to have the nannies on.
Can't wait for the Australian government to approve this tune :D

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Thank you SteedaGT! I figured the cost of getting the intercooler installed by a mechanic alone likely to be in the 700-800 dollar range with 3-4 hrs labor.

OP
OP
SteedaGT

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you SteedaGT! I figured the cost of getting the intercooler installed by a mechanic alone likely to be in the 700-800 dollar range with 3-4 hrs labor.
Yea that I'm not sure of. I'll be installing it myself which will save quite a bit of money. Not even sure what intercooler to go for just yet.

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
What was the DA/Temp like when you ran stock, versus now? I imagine it is much cooler out in FL. Everyone seems to make their best passes in Florida around this time of year.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
What was the DA/Temp like when you ran stock, versus now? I imagine it is much cooler out in FL. Everyone seems to make their best passes in Florida around this time of year.
He said at the beginning of his OP, "The da for the stock passes was around 650' and the da for the tuned passes were just over 600'."

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
He said at the beginning of his OP, "The da for the stock passes was around 650' and the da for the tuned passes were just over 600'."
I jumped right to the numbers hahaha!

I have seen similar results from another customer in GA, there are gains from the tune, just not as much as everyone is hoping because of the poor marketing on their website :(.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Well, when you were stock, your 60' ft was 2.0 = 14.1
Tune, your 60' ft was 1.8 = 13.5 with similar DA's for both..

If you had gotten a 1.8 60 ft stock, you would have been anywhere between 13.8 - 14.0.

So I will say the Ford tune probably took off .3 - .4 seconds on the 1/4. Pretty impressive for $500-$600.
Sponsored