quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
A Public service announcement:

Pricing for Ford protect plans are going up on October 4th, so if you are on the fence, the price will get more expensive less than a week from now.
Hey Zach@Granger. My Mach 1 is in production now with a Blend date of Oct 5th. I'm guessing Granger will receive my car late October or early November if all goes well. Can I purchase the Ford Protect plan now through you or do I need to wait until I have paid for the car?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Hey Zach@Granger. My Mach 1 is in production now with a Blend date of Oct 5th. I'm guessing Granger will receive my car late October or early November if all goes well. Can I purchase the Ford Protect plan now through you or do I need to wait until I have paid for the car?
You cannot register a Ford protect plan until we have an in-service date. So not until the car has been marked sold and in Ford's system as sold. Regardless of where you purchase it.

Hobdul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Volvo V60 Polestar

Pricing for Ford protect plans are going up on October 4th, so if you are on the fence, the price will get more expensive less than a week from now.
@Zach@Granger , to clarify, is Ford raising pricing (and thus you and other dealers will pass this on to plan purchasers)? Or is Granger raising its pricing? Thanks

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
@Zach@Granger , to clarify, is Ford raising pricing (and thus you and other dealers will pass this on to plan purchasers)? Or is Granger raising its pricing? Thanks
This is Ford protect raising prices nationwide. Inflation will probably cause quarterly or semi-annual price hikes through the next couple of years. Our price of $50 over cost will stay the same.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Just a quick heads up. We need your submission to the website by noon central time today to give us appropriate time to submit your extended warranty to Ford and lock in pricing before the October price hike.

Please visit www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com or email Brooke at [email protected] before noon today.

Thanks!

Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium

They've been saying this every October since I got my GT in 2017, and I don't think they've ever actually gone up. Maybe this year with crazy car prices and inflation it will be different, but I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch about it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They've been saying this every October since I got my GT in 2017, and I don't think they've ever actually gone up. Maybe this year with crazy car prices and inflation it will be different, but I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch about it.
They did go up earlier this year after I bought mine. Not a huge amount but enough to not want to pay it.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
You can add maintenance as well, premiumcare is for the extended warranty.
I just tried getting a quote for the maintenance plan on your site but after a couple screens it reverts to the extended warranty page. Do you have a link to the maintenance plan than works?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I just tried getting a quote for the maintenance plan on your site but after a couple screens it reverts to the extended warranty page. Do you have a link to the maintenance plan than works?
contacting us at [email protected] is the best route and Brooke can send you a quote on it.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
It normally is a few percentage points, we have had one bump this year and I would anticipate that raising a little more with the inflation we've experienced.

Sponsored

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
So how are you guys able to do this? You're like $800 cheaper than my local dealer at the coverage I was looking at. Why are you able to offer this coverage that's valid at every Ford dealer but my local dealer can't even come close to matching it?

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I’d say GREED vs helping customers — plus volume!
So how are you guys able to do this? You're like $800 cheaper than my local dealer at the coverage I was looking at. Why are you able to offer this coverage that's valid at every Ford dealer but my local dealer can't even come close to matching it?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
It's just simply a volume play. We make a very thin margin where local dealers rely on this as a larger profit center for their store.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
A place like granger is selling to people like me who are far away and would not naturally be their consumer anyway, so a little profit is better than nothing. Rinse and repeat. I never buy an extended warranty but at this price it is a no brainer. Thank you Grainger.
Sponsored