Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
E85 tune alone with no hardware other than tuner is about half of the price and you get at least double the power. So I would say that is substantial. It also complements future mods.
Yes this.. and thats another good point this ford tune is a dead end. you cant do anything else with it. it you change anything you have to remove the whole thing. its not upgradeable.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
So some cars are just better tuned from factory, so I speculate.

The people who feel the difference in Ford tune maybe had slow cars from factory and the tune straighten car out to perform like it should.

Or maybe some 5.0s run better than average, so the tunes make no gains.

I tend to believe the fact that some 5.0s are just well tuned from factory and the tune doesn't show that much of an improvement.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
So some cars are just better tuned from factory, so I speculate.

The people who feel the difference in Ford tune maybe had slow cars from factory and the tune straighten car out to perform like it should.

Or maybe some 5.0s run better than average, so the tunes make no gains.

I tend to believe the fact that some 5.0s are just well tuned from factory and the tune doesn't show that much of an improvement.
All of the cars are loaded with the same tune from the factory. None are tuned better than others. There is some deviation in manufacturing (part clearances and what not) that do occur. So one engine could be slightly better balanced or have a better cylinder ring seal, or could even have too tight of a seal causing more friction. So it would actually be the other way around. Anything holding an engine back on the stock tune would keep holding it back on the FRPP tune. Where the golden child engine would be more unhinged.

Fuel quality, driving habits (shorter trips being more prone to deposit formation), elevation, humidity, etc would all play a big role on disparities as well. Depending on the ceiling of the tune, I'd say that would all have more of an impact.

It could also be a user's maintenance routine. Ceratec, which is praised to the high heavens, has some picture proof over at BITOG to foul the plugs and gum up some of the piping. Some octane boosters do the same. Fouled plugs would make a fair bit of seat of the pants difference with how quick these things are to pull timing. Even anything that causes the catalytic converters to get too toasty will have an impact. The stock tune, and I'm sure the FRPP tune, are set up to neuter performance to cool the cats down and preserve their longevity.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Ah, didn't occur to me that Davefzr's quoted 93 octane would be a blend rather than straight. I used to do that on past turbo cars and found it to be a bit of a hassle. Especially since pump make you redo the whole card swipe thing in between the two.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, didn't occur to me that Davefzr's quoted 93 octane would be a blend rather than straight. I used to do that on past turbo cars and found it to be a bit of a hassle. Especially since pump make you redo the whole card swipe thing in between the two.
Where in Cali you live, I forgot.

Dave

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
SD. E85 is everywhere and we do also have a VP racing station. The latter a bit out of the way for me though (and expensive!)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SD. E85 is everywhere and we do also have a VP racing station. The latter a bit out of the way for me though (and expensive!)
Yes I've gotten gas at that VP station with my M3.

Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Does this Performance tune has revised throttle mapping? I'd like the throttle response to be a little sharper in normal mode.

Also can we get the tune without the hot air intake?

Sorry this has been answered before, admittedly I didn't read through all 62 pages.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does this Performance tune has revised throttle mapping? I'd like the throttle response to be a little sharper in normal mode.

Sorry this has been answered before, admittedly I didn't read through all 62 pages.
I have some posts much earlier in this thread about throttle, but it’s more related to rev hang with the manual being improved. Can’t say the throttle feels different in normal otherwise, not that I’ve noticed.

Also the tune is the full kit, don’t think there is a way around that.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Intake won't be an issue

. It seals against the hood and the driver side hood vent feeds it some air. Look at the GT350 and 500 both use similar intake.

Last edited:

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
Here you go guys. True before and after. Solid results and great under the curve torque results.
E1966E48-EC54-44D3-9E9F-C0BA8091519D.jpeg
Where did you have you kit installed at and who tuned it? My local dealers don’t seem to know much about it. Since you got good results I would like to take mine where you took yours. Thank you.

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
Intake won't be an issue

. It seals against the hood and the driver side hood vent feeds it some air. Look at the GT350 and 509 both use similar intake.
Did you get your kit installed yet? Does your local dealer seem to know much about it?
Sponsored