Sponsored

Ford Performance Street Springs?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm thinking of giving my '18 GT a 1" drop. It's my daily driver, so I don't want it any lower like Eibachs, and the street springs apparently keep the ride much smoother than most others meant more for track use. Plus the Ford Performance springs are only about $300.

Anyway, I was wondering if just a set of camber bolts would be enough, or do you guys think I would also want to install a full set of adjustable plates instead?

If I was to have them installed, what kind of a guestimate should I expect to pay for the labor and alignment?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nevermind. For reference of those wondering about how much to expect to spend if you take it in to get it lowered....

...I just got quoted $1,025 for the whole thing, including camber bolts and alignment. My local dealer is a Roush dealer, so they do tons of lowering and even supercharger installs.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Do the Ford Performance springs runs more smooth than the OEM springs? Thinking to lower the car a little but no track for me so only looking for a smooth ride.

Thanks in advance...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nevermind. For reference of those wondering about how much to expect to spend if you take it in to get it lowered....

...I just got quoted $1,025 for the whole thing, including camber bolts and alignment. My local dealer is a Roush dealer, so they do tons of lowering and even supercharger installs.
Is that with you supplying the springs or them?

Either way, quotes like that have nearly always ended up with me having learned how to do something new.

Norm

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is that with you supplying the springs or them?

Either way, quotes like that have nearly always ended up with me having learned how to do something new.

Norm
Yes, that's with springs, camber bolts, alignment..... everything.

I agree. It's the kind of thing that drives me to want to do it myself. $300 for parts, and $100 for an alignment. So a good $600 in savings.

However, with a new car, it's nice for the idea of it not affecting the warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do the Ford Performance springs runs more smooth than the OEM springs? Thinking to lower the car a little but no track for me so only looking for a smooth ride.

Thanks in advance...
No, from what I understand, there are two Ford Performance Springs. The Track springs run very tight and stiff for track use. The Street Springs maintain the same original feel of the OEM base model springs, only lowering it 1" for a lower center of gravity, and aggressive stance.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yes, that's with springs, camber bolts, alignment..... everything.
At least the springs were included.

I've never worried too much about warranty considerations, always figured that when things either wore out or broke I'd be replacing them with more performance-oriented parts anyway. For an S550 I might just have to learn how to DIY that rear end alignment . . .

Norm

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
IMO if looking at the the FP Street springs for better handling, I would get the Track springs instead. It still rides pretty good and handles way better than the stock car.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
The track springs are worth it. In fact, I would recommend upgrading to the whole FP Track handling kit.

I started out similar to you thinking to get the FP Street springs only but ended up upgrading to the whole FP track handling kit anyway. It made a lot of difference in handling but only made the ride quality. slightly harsher. The additional harshness is only noticeable on terrible roads, otherwise it handles beautifully. I got the whole kit for around 1170 shipped and got it installed for 300 plus another 100 for alignment.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase

How much are they charging an hour? Is this for the parts as well? I bought the parts online, and my tuner/shop installed, and did the alignment for under $600.00

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just had Street springs installed today. Cost me about $350 just for labor.

Do these springs require caster/camber plates? I ask because I've seen some say it's not really necessary unless you lower 1.5" or more.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Do these springs require caster/camber plates? I ask because I've seen some say it's not really necessary unless you lower 1.5" or more.
That depends on where the cambers ended up at. Also on how "enthusiastic" your normal driving around corners tends to be.

Norm

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP

I did not need caster/camber plates with mine. I have about 11,000 miles and 1 track day on my tires with these springs and there is no unusual wear.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I did not need caster/camber plates with mine. I have about 11,000 miles and 1 track day on my tires with these springs and there is no unusual wear.
Same for me. I have had them on with a few other suspension parts but still stay in spec with no plates.
Sponsored