Sponsored

Ford Performance Stage 2 With Headers

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Have done some research and decided the Ford performance tune meets all my needs, I am also looking at finishing my Stainless Works exhaust by adding the headers this summer. Will having a tune such as the Ford Performance work well with headers or since I am unable to have the manufacture change parameters by logging the data and providing it to them cause issues with fuel mapping and such? I guess what I am really asking is will I cause issues by adding headers that I will not be able to compensate for with a more flexible tune? I have read the big thread on the Ford Tune but I didn't see this question asked or maybe I missed it. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
The M-9603-M8A *will not* work with headers. You will have a check engine light, and it won't run right. Because it is an emissions legal kit, changes can not be made to the calibration to account for the headers.

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
The M-9603-M8A *will not* work with headers. You will have a check engine light, and it won't run right. Because it is an emissions legal kit, changes can not be made to the calibration to account for the headers.
There we go that was exactly what I figured, thank you for the quick response. Suppose I shall live without headers for a few years until I am fully out of warranty with the drive train, not a big deal as I do enjoy the sound of my exhaust as is.
Sponsored