Sponsored

Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To have increased flex rate.. The FP spring coils at the top are almost collapsed jacked up in my pic so they are compressed when the car is on the ground. The rest of the coils are the actions coils so if you hit a large dip or bump the compressed ones are there to push the wheel down to make sure it stays in contact with the road. The stock springs have just an extra coil at the bottom because of the deep pocket of the control arm. Effectively they are doing the same thing and making sure the spring doesn't fall out at full extension of the suspension. The stock is doing in a way that the car rides better by the way the coils are packed. And the FP are doing it in a way to provide traction rather than comfort. Both are ride control but for different reasons.

[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] The design looks similar to a progressive spring however ford advertised this as a linear spring. So think more of an offroad to spring keep the wheel down (dual action spring) rather than a progressive spring which is variable rate. The coils are the same size just tightly packed so they are the same rate. They are packed and compressed at ride height and during normal driving so they have no effective rate until they are decompressed.
If the tight coils are completely compressed and bottomed out on each other when the springs are in the car and the suspension is at full droop, then the rate would be linear. Also, if the tight coils are never completely bottomed out on each other when the springs are in the car, the rate would also be linear (but a combination of the rates produced by the two different areas of the spring). I would expect the latter case is more likely.

If the tight coils bottomed out onto each other somewhere during the wheel travel, then the spring rate would be progressive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Batch #2 is scheduled to arrive today!

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ok gents. We have another 37 sets ready to go. This should get us down to #63 on the list, as some have either backed out or not responded to PM's. I will send messages all the way down to #70 as a buffer, but will have to cut it off at that point. The next batch doesn't have an eta and I do not want to keep people waiting. All those down to #70 keep an eye on your PM box.

PayPal has been the preferred method of payment. Mike having to play phone tag with people or individuals having busy work schedules in different time zones makes tings difficult considering Mike has other primary duties besides this group buy. I do not want to over burden him. If you have a PayPal account please respond to my PM with it so we can make this much smoother and faster.

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
My lowering springs just arrived today! I ordered them through Summit Racing ordered them 4 weeks ago. installing them in a couple of weeks! waiting for the Spherical Lower control arm bearings from Steeda. I figure while I'm in there might be a good time to install those too. :ford:

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I stopped by Autonation and picked mine up tonight! Thanks for all the hard work on the group buy, 50 Deep!

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I stopped by Autonation and picked mine up tonight! Thanks for all the hard work on the group buy, 50 Deep!
Hey! You're 2 spots behind me you big cutter! ;)

p.s. :cheers: to 50 Deep!!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My CC plates came today, so perhaps I shall do the install this sunday