Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration - Change in sound?

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey all. I've been loving my '20 GT for the last few months. Only thing I'd love is a bit more old-school rumble, a la Bullitt. From what clips I've listened to, the Bullitt seems to have a deeper tone/rumble than the standard GT. I did do some research, and it seems the stock Bullitt exhaust maintains the same part number as the GT. There was some speculation/semi-confirmation that the new tone was due to the engine upgrades - GT350 Intake, throttle body, intake manifold, and tune. Since Ford now offers this as a kit for standard GTs, has anyone installed this pack and found a difference in the exhaust note? I'd consider buying the kit for $1,000 if it makes it sound like the Bullitt.

Thanks!
Sponsored

moses19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moses
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I've got an FP Power Pack 2 on my 2015 so not quite the same, but for what it's worth it did change the tone. There are a lot more burbles and pops when letting off the throttle as well. Love it!

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've got an FP Power Pack 2 on my 2015 so not quite the same, but for what it's worth it did change the tone. There are a lot more burbles and pops when letting off the throttle as well. Love it!
Interesting...would you say it's a deeper rumble? This might be the one "real" mod I do to the car.

moses19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moses
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Interesting...would you say it's a deeper rumble? This might be the one "real" mod I do to the car.
Yes I would say it's definitely deeper. A lot of people around here have said the same about the 15-17 Power Pack 2. Haven't seen much about the 18+ Power Pack, but I think there is a thread somewhere around here dedicated to it.

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes I would say it's definitely deeper. A lot of people around here have said the same about the 15-17 Power Pack 2. Haven't seen much about the 18+ Power Pack, but I think there is a thread somewhere around here dedicated to it.
Good to know, thanks! I'm leaning towards saving for this vs. doing an exhaust. I just want the deeper tone, and the added power would be a nice bonus haha
Sponsored