Ford Pass App

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I just downloaded it. Not sure it’s needed for me. Unlock and Lock and remote start...?

Either way I have 2 questions, 1) Mine doesn’t seem to display any type of oil life or oil percentage monitoring, how can I enable this. 2) If I wanted to disconnect this from the car all together and not use it how can I un do the app from the vehicle.
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
So, once you click on the Detail button, for your car (I have multiple cars listed), and scroll down, do you not see the oil details there?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’m asking the same question as the OP.
After hitting vehicle details and scrolling down, I get nothing in regards to oil. I get nickname, license plate, warranty, extended service plans, and vin....that’s it.
I’ll assume I didn’t set correctly. Dealership couldn’t do it due to bad internet connection. Actually my iPhone wouldn’t connect to it due to suspected corruption.
If someone can explain the advantages/disadvantages To Ford Pass that would be great.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
After hitting vehicle details and scrolling down, I get nothing in regards to oil. I get nickname, license plate, warranty, extended service plans, and vin....that’s it.
I’ll assume I didn’t set correctly. Dealership couldn’t do it due to bad internet connection. Actually my iPhone wouldn’t connect to it due to suspected corruption.
If someone can explain the advantages/disadvantages To Ford Pass that would be great.
Honestly, not much. In this day and age everyone has to have connectivity. Everyone has to have an “app”. I look at mine on occasion. Even started my car a couple of times. If I deleted it, I’d never miss it.

That said having something not work as advertised is frustrating. Go find another dealer with a good internet connection and get it fixed.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

You see a refresh button under the photo of your car ? Or quit the app relaunch, I've experienced the following.

Launch the app, select vehicle details, app quits, as if it has crashed, if has not. Relaunch, that function works fine. Have seen this a few times. Most often first time accessing or using it after a week or so.

Theory, stored vehicle details become stale/old like web page history, need to clear. Being just an app, that may be an auto dump/clear operation. And most likely for the cell phone, end of the chain.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
There was an update to the app several months ago. I have used it several times to unlock the car from work for home deliveries.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The rewards program might make it worth it.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

I reached out to them and the next day they had the oil life displaying for me.

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
After it interfered with the Android Auto settings for receiving text messages a couple times I deleted the app.
Like any app, its job is to collect data for marketing purposes. Life's too short, away it goes.
Sponsored