Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello there FORDIVTteam, I have a base GT and would like to know what sizes are the stock front and rear speakers.

Thanks
Hi r-model,

Send a PM to the FordService account. I know a lot about SYNC, but they know more about the speakers. :)

Something simpler, I hope. My '15 Mustang came w/o a subwoofer. What are my upgrade options from Ford?
Hello Lagometer,

If you’re interested in learning which aftermarket options are available for your Mustang, I suggest reaching out to your dealership for the most accurate information: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate?gnav=header-finddealer

I was mentioning the base model gt with the standard sync system. Its regarding the issue with the whole system not functioning and basically staying in the off mode.

Please advise if there is any patch info or if your team is actually trying to rectify the issue.
Thank you,
Al
Hi El_Coyote,

I am unable to speculate on future updates. Once an update becomes available for your VIN, it will be added to your account at: Owner.Ford.com so I recommend periodically checking.

Can you please tell me more about how your SYNC system locks up? Does the screen go blank? Do the buttons stop working? Does this only happen when a certain device is connected? Let me know if you have ever noticed an error message appear while you’re experiencing this issue. That may help me understand what is happening.

my 2013 fusion and my S550 both having problems with sync when I plug my phone into the usb....screen says "No SD card" and then phone don't charge and no navi??? and it only plays a song for 30sec and then cuts off

also if there is a passenger in the car why cant you bypass the security cut off to load info into the navi? its a pain in the ass when a passenger cant put the address in while your driving. you can use the sensor from the passenger airbag system
Hey USAF,

Which type of phone is being connected to your Myford Touch system? The system is designed to disable any features that require the use of a keyboard while the vehicle is in motion. This is a safety feature which can’t be turned off.

Actually my dealer said Ford would be coming out with addon hardware to enable SIRIUS radio in my Base system. Since you are a Ford representative for the In-Vehicle Technology Team I figured you would know more than the dealer!
Other than that I do have a question. Is there going to be any updates to SYNC that fix the problem with SYNC losing track of installed apps...like just about every day?
Specifically I have installed the Pandora App and when SYNC sees it the app works fine. But almost every day I get in the car and try to start Pandora via voice it does not recognize the command. I go to APPS and find it is no longer there and have to search for APPS again to get it recognized.
I doubt the problem is with Pandora. Is anyone else reporting issues like this and if so is there a fix coming? I've just about given up on using apps because its too much trouble.

Thanks
Hello BC,

I handle inquiries related to SYNC, MyFord Touch, and navigation. I am not trained to answer questions about add-on or aftermarket systems. The dealership will have access to the most information about these.

Which phone is connected to SYNC? I’ll let you know what I recommend for troubleshooting.

Kim
Sponsored

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have an HTC One. Thanks
Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons simultaneously until the phone restarts. This soft reset improves the Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Pull up Pandora on the phone and make sure the app isn't asking you to log in. Keep the app running (at least in the background). Press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say MOBILE APPS. Does SYNC still have trouble finding Pandora?

Kim

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons simultaneously until the phone restarts. This soft reset improves the Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Pull up Pandora on the phone and make sure the app isn't asking you to log in. Keep the app running (at least in the background). Press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say MOBILE APPS. Does SYNC still have trouble finding Pandora?

Kim
I'll try it...post back. Thanks

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Iphone 5 .....I understand its a safety feature however the seat has a sensor for passenger airbag, use that sensor to turn that OFF when a passenger is in the seat. Its a pain in the ass with a Sync system that works like a 50.c gift from the $1. store
My wife or I have never been able to get an address in the system without saying it at least 5times.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll try it...post back. Thanks
Sounds like a good plan, BC! I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Iphone 5 .....I understand its a safety feature however the seat has a sensor for passenger airbag, use that sensor to turn that OFF when a passenger is in the seat. Its a pain in the ass with a Sync system that works like a 50.c gift from the $1. store
My wife or I have never been able to get an address in the system without saying it at least 5times.
I encourage you to visit: https://social.ford.com. Once you log in, there will be an option to post an idea. This is a great place to share your suggestion.

When you plug the iPhone 5 in via USB, are you seeing a navigation SD card fault message or something different? Let me know exactly what the SD card error message is. One quick troubleshooting step you can try is called a soft reset. Hold the POWER and HOME buttons on the iPhone until the Apple logo appears. This will optimize the connection with SYNC.

Kim

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
I have trouble using shuffle when I have my iPhone plugged in over USB. Every time I get into the car, the shuffle "light" is on but its not shuffling. I have to press Shuffle, turn it off, exit, then press Shuffle and then turn it back on to get to work again.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Yes it says navi/SD fault...please insert SD card

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Hey guys. Can you tell me why I can't turn on wifi gateway to use through my iPhone 6? It's greyed out and won't let me turn it on

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Is this a problem that you know of? Is there a fix?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a good plan, BC! I'll keep an eye out for your response.
Kim
I tried what you said but same results. Everyday I get in the vehicle SYNC shows no available apps. I have to use 'search for apps' and sometimes it takes a few tries for it to find Pandora again.

Bluetooth connectivity seems fine because the phone *always" connects...no problems there...phone always works. It seems to be just the sync apps function that has problems.

Also I should add that I had a Sirius account from my previous vehicle and tried to used the Sirius phone app for Android too. Never could get SYNC to recognize the Sirius app so gave up on that.

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Hey there Tech Team! I have a question about playing music from a USB flash drive (I have a 2015 GT Premium Package with the Shaker Pro system, MFT, and Sync).

It seems whenever I play a specific album with shuffle and repeat turned off that the system plays the songs for that album out of order from the original album. I've got iTunes on my home computer and I just went to the My Music folder in Windows Explorer and copied all the sub-folders to my USB flash drive. Shouldn't the songs play in the right order?

Thanks,
Mike

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Hey there Tech Team! I have a question about playing music from a USB flash drive (I have a 2015 GT Premium Package with the Shaker Pro system, MFT, and Sync).

It seems whenever I play a specific album with shuffle and repeat turned off that the system plays the songs for that album out of order from the original album. I've got iTunes on my home computer and I just went to the My Music folder in Windows Explorer and copied all the sub-folders to my USB flash drive. Shouldn't the songs play in the right order?

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry to be blunt but I think they should have named it STYNC instead.
The phone part of the software seems to work well but forget the phone apps like Pandora or Sirius app. It forgets about Pandora almost every time you turn off the car and I never could get the Sirius app to work.

As far as what you mention with track playback I have noticed that too and here's the deal. Playing MP3's off a USB and SYNC seems to ignore the track numbers in the file name and uses the first letters of the name itself.

For example, lets say you have a list of files in a folder such as this:

01 Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy.mp3
02 After The Cosmic Rain.mp3
03 Captain Senor Mouse.mp3
04 Theme To The Mothership.mp3
05 Space Circus Part I & II.mp3
06 The Game Maker.mp3
07 Vulcan Worlds.mp3
08 The Shadow Of Lo.mp3
09 Beyond The Seventh Galaxy.mp3
10 Song Of The Pharoah Kings.mp3

The first song that will play from this list of files is '02 After The Cosmic Rain.mp3' because the NAME of the file *after* the number starts with an "A".
The next song from this list that will play is "09 Beyond The Seventh Galaxy.mp3" because the name of the file *after* the number starts with a "B" !!!!

Crazy! If anyone knows a way to change the system so it won't do that let us know please!!
Sponsored