2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'll check the brake fluid and aircon costs. The thing about brake fluid change is that they can do it 5 times quicker than I can, and with less swearing.

GT101: where located? How does GT101 register the activity on DSR?

Dealer has asked central department to update my DSR.
I don't know how they register it, but they do. Maybe because they are THE Ford GT service shop in the UK. Call Dave, he's a good guy a very helpful.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
ok thanks

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
To counter some of the posts above, I have always had very good service from my Local Ford dealer. They test my brake fluid to see if it needs changing for example.

OP
OP

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's good of them; it is just a probe into the fluid to see the relative water content; they measure my tyre trad depth also.

However, my point is that the industry (Ford included) say that DOT4.1 brake fluid ought to be changed every 3 years. That being so, it is natural to consider changing brake fluid to be a periodic service item and hence covered in the service plan.....but it is apparently not because it is a "maintenance" item not a "service" item. I call that sharp practice. As a result, I do not see the pint of these plans now.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
That's good of them; it is just a probe into the fluid to see the relative water content; they measure my tyre trad depth also.

However, my point is that the industry (Ford included) say that DOT4.1 brake fluid ought to be changed every 3 years. That being so, it is natural to consider changing brake fluid to be a periodic service item and hence covered in the service plan.....but it is apparently not because it is a "maintenance" item not a "service" item. I call that sharp practice. As a result, I do not see the pint of these plans now.
I also get the video walk around as part of the health check

It is worth noting that the Ford Protect Service plan includes brake fluid as well as roadside rescue which you may have to pay extra for if not using Ford to service your vehicle. Was your plan Ford Protect or a dealer based plan?

Ford Service Plans| Ford UK

OP
OP

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Greg

thanks; yes I get a video walkround (i've not found that useful at all; it's just activity with little purpose: if there was a problem, i'd want to see it with my own eyes) and it is via Ford Main Dealer. I thought i had a Ford product, but when I took it out, I was put through to that particular local dealer. Payment goes through to their holding company and I recall being told that I had to use them for the service NOT any other Ford dealer hence i think it is a " dealer based plan" - no different Ford product was offered to me. Cost about £30 pcm. For what turns out to be an oil and filter change (visual checks followed by nothing do not count in my book), that is ridiculous.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello Greg

thanks; yes I get a video walkround (i've not found that useful at all; it's just activity with little purpose: if there was a problem, i'd want to see it with my own eyes) and it is via Ford Main Dealer. I thought i had a Ford product, but when I took it out, I was put through to that particular local dealer. Payment goes through to their holding company and I recall being told that I had to use them for the service NOT any other Ford dealer hence i think it is a " dealer based plan" - no different Ford product was offered to me. Cost about £30 pcm. For what turns out to be an oil and filter change (visual checks followed by nothing do not count in my book), that is ridiculous.
Especially when my last service, including brake fluid change, was only £340 including SARA as well. Visual checks are exactly that, if they find something it is important, if not there is nothing to do. Visual checks are not pointless, but are an important part of the service.

Just emphasises buyer beware really. The Ford plan itself may be worth having, as is the extended warranty when taken out BEFORE registration. Aftermarket deals are often anything but a good deal and they are very much tied to the dealer who makes the money on them by ensuring you use them. Obviously the Ford plan makes the dealer little money if you use a different dealer.

OP
OP

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Gregs, re your: "Just emphasises buyer beware really. The Ford plan itself may be worth having, as is the extended warranty when taken out BEFORE registration. Aftermarket deals are often anything but a good deal and they are very much tied to the dealer who makes the money on them by ensuring you use them. Obviously the Ford plan makes the dealer little money if you use a different dealer. "
Yes that sums it up neatly, however, a buyer cannot beware if the info is withheld as in this case: I asked for what was covered and received an equivocal response, or that "this is a guide" or "terms apply" etc etc which upon further request for clarity went nowhere. Further, a visual inspection if it finds that something needs doing as a timer/mileage service item, needs doing within the service price not excluded as a result of a made up distinction between servicing and maintenance.

This is an example of why the industry has a poor public confidence and satisfaction perception: I bet most people have gone into more exams feeling less trepidation than having the car serviced/MOT'd.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Gregs, re your: "Just emphasises buyer beware really. The Ford plan itself may be worth having, as is the extended warranty when taken out BEFORE registration. Aftermarket deals are often anything but a good deal and they are very much tied to the dealer who makes the money on them by ensuring you use them. Obviously the Ford plan makes the dealer little money if you use a different dealer. "
Yes that sums it up neatly, however, a buyer cannot beware if the info is withheld as in this case: I asked for what was covered and received an equivocal response, or that "this is a guide" or "terms apply" etc etc which upon further request for clarity went nowhere. Further, a visual inspection if it finds that something needs doing as a timer/mileage service item, needs doing within the service price not excluded as a result of a made up distinction between servicing and maintenance.

This is an example of why the industry has a poor public confidence and satisfaction perception: I bet most people have gone into more exams feeling less trepidation than having the car serviced/MOT'd.
If they don't supply the information there is no way to judge the value. Walk away at that point!

OP
OP

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Indeed, but sadly that is after they have your money! The promises of "we'll send it later" have failed to materialise....

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Indeed, but sadly that is after they have your money! The promises of "we'll send it later" have failed to materialise....
are you in a position of claiming the 'Service Plan' was mis sold to you ?
Sponsored