Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yes. In engineering mode. But it's tiny, ugly, and like you said, you have to go through the trouble of getting to it every time.
Yup...same size font as the cruise control display, so basically worthless.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Yup...same size font as the cruise control display, so basically worthless.
Interestingly I don't remember seeing the speed at all the one time I used cruise control. I don't know if I missed it or it's just not displayed on MT vehicles.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Interestingly I don't remember seeing the speed at all the one time I used cruise control. I don't know if I missed it or it's just not displayed on MT vehicles.
If I recall it's at the bottom of the display....super small, very easy to miss.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yep. When you turn cruise control "on" the symbol will appear in the lower right corner of the display.

When you set your speed it will show the value at which it was set. Using the +/- buttons will adjust the set speed 1 mph the corresponding direction.

If you cancel cruise control, the previously set speed will still appear with a strikethrough font modifier to show you the speed the resume button will try to attain. Gone are the days of hitting "resume" on a 55 mph stretch to find you were still set at 75 mph.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Digital Speedometer..Hmm...musclecar dont really need..another reason me glad to have a 2015-17 GT ....and the factory fog lamps!
But does a musclecar need a MPG screen that tells you absolutely nothing? lol That is my bitch, a MPH readout is usefull, the MPG screen is not.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Yep. When you turn cruise control "on" the symbol will appear in the lower right corner of the display.

When you set your speed it will show the value at which it was set. Using the +/- buttons will adjust the set speed 1 mph the corresponding direction.

If you cancel cruise control, the previously set speed will still appear with a strikethrough font modifier to show you the speed the resume button will try to attain. Gone are the days of hitting "resume" on a 55 mph stretch to find you were still set at 75 mph.
think the ACC is just brilliant

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
The lcd display between the gauges is the same size as my wife's escape which has a large font digital Speedo that is the perfect size. It is as simple as a software update, Ford just won't so it.
I would be happy to pay Ford a reasonable price for the speedo update in the center display so, com'on Ford, how 'bout it?

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My wife a digital speedo in her '12 Charger, I like it. It sure would be nice to have the option and I was surprised there wasn't

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I took out my speedometer and put in Netflix.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Interesting seeing the different takes on this, I for one had contemplated having trying to fabricate a cover for the center part and Entertainment screen, because I don't feel we need digital crap in our car, just kind of funny to see so many different views on the same topic

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Interesting seeing the different takes on this, I for one had contemplated having trying to fabricate a cover for the center part and Entertainment screen, because I don't feel we need digital crap in our car, just kind of funny to see so many different views on the same topic
You dislike it so much that instead of ignoring it you actually want to cover it up? That's a lot of effort to put into something you could just ignore.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You dislike it so much that instead of ignoring it you actually want to cover it up? That's a lot of effort to put into something you could just ignore.
The center part of the instrument panel proper should be easy enough to ignore. I'll give you that much, but only that much.

More than once it has crossed my mind to cover up any luminous tablet-size (or bigger)infotainment display that might come in any future car I might ever buy (and have no choice about). I've already done something similar to the Bluetooth button on the steering wheel of my wife's car (neither of us has any use for BT, and it's been a PITA distraction on a number of occasions).

Norm
Sponsored