Sponsored

Ford Axing all cars except Mustang and Focus Active Crossover in North America

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Ever notice what Porsche did in the past few years.... went from making only low volume sports cars.... to selling 2 different model high volume SUVs in just a few years time?

The Cayenne was such a cash cow for them, they added the Macan.

If they had a 6 passenger or 3rd row vehicle I'd have bought one. I was looking at the Macan's but 5 seats wasn't enough for kids' carpool & afterschool activities (friends) duty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Even Lamborghini is getting a CUV....

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
How on earth did the Mustang survive?
Ford is probably too scared of the pushback to discontinue it. I'm sure they would love to axe the Mustang if they could. Instead the S550 will live on for who knows how long with, more than likely, very little innovation. Just slap in a hybrid engine in a couple years and sit back as Ford treads water on the Mustang at 75,000 units a year just to keep the Ford diehards somewhat happy.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, no small, inexpensive, efficient Ford for my commuting or retirement. I won't buy electric until there are breakthrough's in battery technology. I have not seen a battery yet that can last past 6-7 years, at $5000-8000 to replace, most likely out of warranty, I won't consider it.

This is crazy, as others mentioned, when gas skyrockets SUV sales tank. Diversity of product is the key to survival.
Lithium batteries are going to be the next huge ecological disaster. About 1% of lithium batteries made are recycled. More and more countries are getting in on the lithium battery band wagon mining lithium from rocks and using chemicals extremely hazardous to the environment to extract the lithium from the rocks. Yes ladies and gentlemen electric cars do more harm to the environment the internal combustion engine car.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just give it time and when the world finds out that these Electric vehicles are basically a rolling toxic waste factory the whole discussion will change....Plus the fact that most of our electric energy still comes from fossil fuels....its a stupid game

But im guessing that disposing of these batteries isnt a fun deal.

Those who are in power are drowning out those of us who are trying to make people see the truth about electric cars because they are making big time money on this and don't care what happen as long as they get rich.

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
Lithium batteries are going to be the next huge ecological disaster. About 1% of lithium batteries made are recycled. More and more countries are getting in on the lithium battery band wagon mining lithium from rocks and using chemicals extremely hazardous to the environment to extract the lithium from the rocks. Yes ladies and gentlemen electric cars do more harm to the environment the internal combustion engine car.
The same thing we've been hearing since the debut of the Prius and yet, here we are 21 years later and no massive piles of dead hybrid batteries and no environmental disasters.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package

Sponsored

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
Swell. In 3 years, the big 3 will have the Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, Vette and a shitton of trucks & SUVs that never see more adventure than deftly navigating the Costco parking lot.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I heard something like that was coming; I thought the Fusion would stay, I've never been a Focus fan. I thought the fiesta and Taurus would go the Fusion and Focus or just the Fusion would stay. On the other hand Ford is known for making decisions that have to be made.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
This news isn't that surprising.

Down here SUVs, trucks, and crossovers outnumber cars significantly. All sedans and coupe sales have been down for years while compact and subcompact crossovers are selling like hotcakes.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
The same thing we've been hearing since the debut of the Prius and yet, here we are 21 years later and no massive piles of dead hybrid batteries and no environmental disasters.
Yeh but try getting rid of a battery pack...it will eventually happen. Was at a local tesla shop recently, battery pack sitting in a service bay, been there for months, still figuring out how much it will cost to get rid of it.....it was a quiet discussion.
Sponsored