Sponsored

For heavens sake ..help me with a clutch

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have a 720RWHP Whipple 2016 over in the UK. I replaced the clutch with a Mantic two years ago, first one went pop and was replaced under warranty as faulty pressure plate. Second one went in mid 2019 but owing to our Covid Lockdowns has only done 3000 miles since and 800 of those was running in the clutch. Its always been a hoppy sod at launch, but now after a few times giving it the beans its has gone again. I thought it was the box, but it graunches at launch from in 1st / 2nd / and reverse and once we go through the nasty noise we have drive in all gears smoothly, plus we can go in to all gears nicely when rolling, its from stop the noise and grinding is bad. APART from Mantic, where would you suggest, PLEASE ADVISE, totally at a loss. I hear RXT kills MT82 so RST OK but is it too lower rated. Spec? I hear are hard and grabby, are the Lethal Performance rebranded McLeods? but i hear ok stuff about the HD 10000 HP option. We really struggle for expertise on clutches over here. Basically i want to be more confident and I would like to launch it ...i dont want to nanny it once run in. I need something we can beat on with a bit of respect !!!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I thought the Mantic clutch was the way to go for up to 800 rwhp. Iā€˜ve been considering installing one in my Bullitt whenever the factory clutch goes. I may have to do some deeper research on this clutch.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I thought the Mantic clutch was the way to go for up to 800 rwhp. Iā€˜ve been considering installing one in my Bullitt whenever the factory clutch goes. I may have to do some deeper research on this clutch.
I have lunched two......! It should stand up to any beating with its rating. But two have gone on hard launches

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have lunched two......! It should stand up to any beating with its rating. But two have gone on hard launches
When u say hard launches, are you referring to 5k-6K dumps on the launch? Thatā€™s an expensive clutch to fail on you so quickly. Do they make a version that can handle high rpm dumps? If so, I imagine you will give up some of the normal driving comfort in order to have that.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
When u say hard launches, are you referring to 5k-6K dumps on the launch? Thatā€™s an expensive clutch to fail on you so quickly. Do they make a version that can handle high rpm dumps? If so, I imagine you will give up some of the normal driving comfort in order to have that.
Nope, the clutch was NEVER used in Launch control EVER. i mean fast pull aways

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you using the complete Mantic kit with flywheel, or are you still running the factory flywheel?

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Are you using the complete Mantic kit with flywheel, or are you still running the factory flywheel?
Full Mantic kit ..

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Tilton ST 246 makes a cerametallic clutch that advertises 1200 ftlbs. I don't know of anyone running one personally.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I note the LPXHD is unsprung? DOes anyone feel this is a good or bad thing?
Sponsored