Sponsored

Folding mirrors

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hey gents, my passenger side mirror seems to be facing more inwards compared to my drivers side mirror. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Deano

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Sorry I didn't word my post properly, my issue is when both mirrors are fully folded outward, the passanger side mirror is at a different angle, as if it hasn't fully extended back into position.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
My passenger side mirror is all but useless, but it folds fine

Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Sorry I didn't word my post properly, my issue is when both mirrors are fully folded outward, the passanger side mirror is at a different angle, as if it hasn't fully extended back into position.
Have a good look at the mirror supports you will see the passenger side one sweeps back more than the drivers side one, this is to get the mirror at the right angle so you are not looking at the foot path. If they didn't do this you would need two different shaped housings that would look funny, or the mirror would need to be at a huge angle inside the housing that would also look weird. Falcon is the same and I think it is common on most cars.

OP
OP
Deano

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Have a good look at the mirror supports you will see the passenger side one sweeps back more than the drivers side one, this is to get the mirror at the right angle so you are not looking at the foot path. If they didn't do this you would need two different shaped housings that would look funny, or the mirror would need to be at a huge angle inside the housing that would also look weird. Falcon is the same and I think it is common on most cars.
Ah ok well that makes sense. Thanks.
Sponsored