Sponsored

Foam Gun for Garden Hose

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wondering if anyone here just uses a foam gun that attaches to the garden hose to spray on foam soap, instead of using a 'foam cannon' with a power washer. I just want to be able to spray on a good layer of foam soap before rubbing the car down with a micro-fiber wash mitt.

If so, any good recommendations for the garden hose style foam gun and some decent foam soap that would work well?
Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Last edited:
OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Pony,
Have a look at the EQ Foaming Tool for horses and livestock. I plan on using this on my thoroughbred pedigree.:ford:
Amazon has a bunch of different foam guns, but some are specifically designed for a high pressure power washer, some for a garden hose. Some are somewhat expensive ($60~$80), and some not so bad.

I was looking at something like this, but looks like I'd need an adapter to connect to a garden hose (don't see adapter included).

http://www.amazon.com/PeleusTech-Pa..._7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458770105&sr=1-7

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I bought the bunny one on Amazon for $26 because it had good reviews. Havent had a chance to use it yet. Maybe this weekend if the weather is nice.

Sponsored

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Those ones for the garden hoses are not great for foam. I have the Gilmour one listed above and it uses a lot of soap in a short amount of time. I finally bought a power washer (sun joe spx3000) and mtm hydro foam cannon and is worlds better. I will keep the Gilmour for "claying" purposes as its easier to handle.

raceguy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp CO
I have one I bought at harbor freight that is cheap and works pretty good. Makes pretty decent suds but I haven't tried good soap in it yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one I bought at harbor freight that is cheap and works pretty good. Makes pretty decent suds but I haven't tried good soap in it yet.
I was looking at that one too. With their usual 20% off coupon, it would only be about $9. I was considering using the Chemical Guys "Mr. Pink" foaming wash, so hopefully one of these cheap garden hose guns would get some foam action with the right soap.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I use one I bought from Auto geek. Works pretty good. Rinse, spray on, wipe down with a special sponge and water. Dry. Always get a good result in a short amount of time.

At first I was using too much soap. Now I spray it on fast and wipe down fast with lots of water in the sponge. Been using Dp soap, but I'm going try some others when I run out.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
+1 to the Gilmour, that's the one to get.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I just got this one delivered last week.
Can't wait to use it.

Sponsored