stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I went to my first open track day today and had a blast. I've been to the drag strip dozens of times, but this blows that away. :)

I can't recommended it enough to anyone who gets the chance. We had more track time than I could have hoped for.

Just one snippet:

[ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I went to my first open track day today and had a blast. I've been to the drag strip dozens of times, but this blows that away. :)

I can't recommended it enough to anyone who gets the chance. We had more track time than I could have hoped for.

Just one snippet:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You car sounds mean as hell. I love the stripes on it, too. I so want those same stripes on my Ingot but I am having a hard time visualizing.

The video is sweet! You running your everyday tire setup? I want to get into this too but will need to buy another set of wheels and tires for track duty.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You car sounds mean as hell. I love the stripes on it, too. I so want those same stripes on my Ingot but I am having a hard time visualizing.

The video is sweet! You running your everyday tire setup? I want to get into this too but will need to buy another set of wheels and tires for track duty.
Street tires - I'm still on the oem P-Zero's up front (26k) and have Michelin PSS in the rear (17k). They held up well but I need to get the rear camber adjusted back into spec. It's still only -.5 from my drag setup and there was a lot of oversteer.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Street tires - I'm still on the oem P-Zero's up front (26k) and have Michelin PSS in the rear (17k). They held up well but I need to get the rear camber adjusted back into spec. It's still only -.5 from my drag setup and there was a lot of oversteer.
Gotcha! Looks like a blast.

Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
HPDEs are the most fun you can have in a car, in my opinion. looks like you were doing quite well out there.

with your eibach springs did you notice a lot of bouncing around or did it feel pretty flat? i think that, based on reviews, i'll be looking at the FRPP suspension setup to be a little more sorted on the road courses.

which exhaust do you have? is it the touring or sport version? it does sound incredibly good. i see stuff in your sig but i'm not up on the lingo yet. thanks!

matt

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
HPDEs are the most fun you can have in a car, in my opinion. looks like you were doing quite well out there.

with your eibach springs did you notice a lot of bouncing around or did it feel pretty flat? i think that, based on reviews, i'll be looking at the FRPP suspension setup to be a little more sorted on the road courses.

which exhaust do you have? is it the touring or sport version? it does sound incredibly good. i see stuff in your sig but i'm not up on the lingo yet. thanks!

matt
The suspension felt really good actually. As noted, I have the Eibach Pros, as well as the BMR cradle and differential lockout kits.

I have catless Stainless Works long tube headers and Ford Racing Touring catback

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I live in Orlando and I'm thinking about going to the FIRM. From other videos I've seen it looks like you are going the opposite direction that is normally driven. Am I right?

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
8 Months later and my lap times in the rain are probably close to the the first time in the dry. ;)

[ame]
Sponsored