Sponsored

First time driving/owning an american car

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hopefully I posted this in the right section, if not I apologize. Mods, please have it moved if this is the case.

I recently purchased a 2015 Mustang GT Premium. Only options are the Performance Pack and Recaros. The dealer was worked in the Roush wheels into the deal which I didn't really want, but they are growing on me. This is my first venture into the american car scene. I've had a list of cars that have been all over the place and figured it was time to try something new. Previous cars in chronological order goes as follows:

2015 BMW X5 50i (Daily)
2014 Mitsubishi EVO X (Fun car)
2014 Audi S4 (Wife's car)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Scion FRS
2008 BMW M5
2012 BMW 335i
2009 BMW 328i
2007 Mazda 3

I was in the market for a new car after being a little bit bored with the Evo. The car was fun to drive, but it was time to hop back into a coupe. Right off the bat the looks both exterior and interior of the new mustang sold the car to me. I have to admit driving it took some getting used to. The car felt bigger and boxier than any of the other cars i've previously owned. At time same time I was considering going back to the FRS/BRZ however after driving both cars back to back multiple times, the mustang was what I was looking for. Being 6'4" the FRS' interior felt extremely cramped with a very awkward driving angle. The interior felt cheap and plasticky. I know the power bothers most but it wasn't a big deal to me. Car was quick but not fast, got me where I needed to go. Handled great as well. Stepping into the mustang it was immediately clear that the car was several levels higher than the frs in terms of quality and finishes. I fit into the car like a glove. Anyway, I won't bore you guys too much with the details of the mustang considering we all drive the car here =] But I just wanted to leave you all with a few photos. And most importantly I can't wait to learn more about the car. Cheers!

"

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
good looking car man

The mustang is also my first domestic car

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Nice! Black is a great color choice. And I like those wheels. I can see how they're growing on you.

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier
This will be only my second american car, my first was a 95 cavalier which I bought used(2002) from my aunt and I was poor just out of high school lol

Nice looking FRS, I have a 2013 hot lava that I'm giving up for the mustang. I was close to getting a 2015 frs when I saw the new design of the mustang which just struck me and I knew I had to have it. The frs was fun to drive and I'm going to miss it. I got a lot of head turners in that thing but I wanted something more refined and the mustang for the price is where it's at. :)

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Personally I think the roush wheels are the nicest I've seen on the car so far. It's got that Ferrari vibe that meshes very well with the modern design. I would love to get them but they cost a shite load.

Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Congratulation on the choice and purchase of the Mustang as your 1st American car. She is a beauty. Drive her in good health and try not to smile too much.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
I love the wheels! How did they come new? It's not like you can order those as an option?

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Nice looking Mustang. I really like those wheels. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This will be only my second american car, my first was a 95 cavalier which I bought used(2002) from my aunt and I was poor just out of high school lol

Nice looking FRS, I have a 2013 hot lava that I'm giving up for the mustang. I was close to getting a 2015 frs when I saw the new design of the mustang which just struck me and I knew I had to have it. The frs was fun to drive and I'm going to miss it. I got a lot of head turners in that thing but I wanted something more refined and the mustang for the price is where it's at. :)
I loved my time with the FRS, but after driving a few other cars I got over it quickly. The car is great for its purpose but I was looking for something different =] I still miss the FRS though, I can't help to stare at them every time I see them on the street.

Personally I think the roush wheels are the nicest I've seen on the car so far. It's got that Ferrari vibe that meshes very well with the modern design. I would love to get them but they cost a shite load.
I love the wheels! How did they come new? It's not like you can order those as an option?
Nice looking Mustang. I really like those wheels. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys, The more I look at the them the more I like the way they look. The dealer had all PP and Recaro package GT's installed with these wheels. I'm guessing they were trying to make a buck off them. I told them I didn't want them but ended up working them into the deal for next to nothing. Heres a better shot of them.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Very nice GT and welcome to the site. The wheels look awesome!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What size are those Roush wheels, and what size are the tires?

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Love love love those rims. Looks great w/ the black. Congrats and welcome to the site!!
Sponsored