Sponsored

First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Um, do have any plans to sell this kit to the public? I think its kinda strange that a bunch of potential customers are asking for something, and a business is like, meh, nah, we don't feel like it :shrug:

Where did you see Meh, nah, don't feel like?
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Read? They basically said they don't feel running pump gas and therefore no pump gas numbers.
So what.. that's how they decided to run their car that has nothing to do with weather or not there was a kit available to the public. And whipple is the manufacture which is responsible for that not lethal

aethyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So what.. that's how they decided to run their car that has nothing to do with weather or not there was a kit available to the public. And whipple is the manufacture which is responsible for that not lethal
No what. I'm simply pointing out that there is interest in pump numbers and they don't seem to get that people want pump numbers so they can buy a kit, possibly from Lethal.

If were some Joe schmo, then its understandable, but seems odd for a business to be ambivalent about that kind of interest.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
They're probably concerned that it won't run on pump gas. I'd be pretty worried about it myself.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
No what. I'm simply pointing out that there is interest in pump numbers and they don't seem to get that people want pump numbers so they can buy a kit, possibly from Lethal.

If were some Joe schmo, then its understandable, but seems odd for a business to be ambivalent about that kind of interest.
I get it. They are one off the best Vendors on the site. I bought my Whipple from them. My guess is since this is the first GT350 on boost and is high compression they wanted to play safe. Im sure there will be more info down the road. Everything is still so new with the car

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They're probably concerned that it won't run on pump gas. I'd be pretty worried about it myself.
Agreed, likely significantly less power to keep it safe

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah, there's not much point in supercharging it if it makes much less than 820whp. If it couldn't make well over 700whp safely, I'd just buy a GT. I want my GT350 NA, just sayin.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Um, do have any plans to sell this kit to the public? I think its kinda strange that a bunch of potential customers are asking for something, and a business is like, meh, nah, we don't feel like it :shrug:
As mentioned before we really don't have any interest at this time in running pump gas on our car. I'm sorry that you or anyone else may not like that but it's a decision I made which I'm comfortable with.

As far as the kit goes the tuning for it isn't available yet. I'm sure before tuning and the complete kit is released we will have pump gas numbers available.

For anyone interested we do have some numbers at lower boost levels. Still on E85 but figured I'd share them with the group.

642rwhp@7psi
[email protected]

Thanks, Jared

aethyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I get it. They are one off the best Vendors on the site. I bought my Whipple from them. My guess is since this is the first GT350 on boost and is high compression they wanted to play safe. Im sure there will be more info down the road. Everything is still so new with the car
I agree, they're a great vendor, which is why I thought the indifferent attitude to pump numbers was a bit uncharacteristic, that's all. I'm not saying they should go immediately put pump gas in their car when its not ready for it. And if pump numbers are eventually coming, great, because that's what I'm interested in too :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I agree, they're a great vendor, which is why I thought the indifferent attitude to pump numbers was a bit uncharacteristic, that's all. I'm not saying they should go immediately put pump gas in their car when its not ready for it. And if pump numbers are eventually coming, great, because that's what I'm interested in too :)
I've re-read my response several times and there's definitely no attitude in it. Maybe it just wasn't the response you were looking for?

"I'm sorry but we have no plans on running 93 octane in this car. It's been running real well on E85 since we converted over so there's really no reason for us to go back to regular pump gas.

Jared"

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My guess is since this is the first GT350 on boost and is high compression they wanted to play safe. Im sure there will be more info down the road. Everything is still so new with the car
^^THIS! :thumbsup:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I've re-read my response several times and there's definitely no attitude in it. Maybe it just wasn't the response you were looking for?

"I'm sorry but we have no plans on running 93 octane in this car. It's been running real well on E85 since we converted over so there's really no reason for us to go back to regular pump gas.

Jared"
Hi Jared,

When a customer asks for something and you say that there is really no reason... you are unequivocally saying that this customer's wants aren't a reason... This is an attitude of indifference. It most certainly doesn't express a spirit of concern for a customers goals.

Something like, "I'm sorry at this time we have no real #s for pump gas. Right now we are trying to optimize power while retaining a safe dependable tune. However we know that you aren't the only customer who would be interested in a 93/91 octane version with good/safe power. We will be working on it once we have the e85 version where we want it and look forward to having just what you and other customers are interested in. As always you guys the reason we do this"

Something like that would have attitude .......of the PROPER kind. Just my opinion.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
LMAO

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I know it's different strokes for different folks. But honestly I don't see the reason to put a blower, NOS or turbos on a GT350. If "I" we're to want to put a power adder on a car I would of just bought a 5.0 and install the voodoo heads and cams then throw a Whipple or Kenny bell etc on it. I know you the owner can do what ever you want with your car, and I'm not judging you, but this is a naturally aspirated engine. I know, I know so is the coyote, but the voodoo is the last of a dying breed. Like I said enjoy it and build it to your likings. But I'll keep mine naturally aspirated.
Sponsored