Sponsored

First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am interested but will wait on the sidelines for a bit to see how lethal's car holds up .
No whipple tune (or warranty ).
Last time I asked lethal they had said Lund was working on the driveability with the throttle body .
I really want to see what their car does at the strip now that they have the McCleod clutch .

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
Would really like to hear some honest updates. I have heard that there have been significant issues with this car after the SC install. Would be good to get Lethal on here to field questions.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Would really like to hear some honest updates. I have heard that there have been significant issues with this car after the SC install. Would be good to get Lethal on here to field questions.
I highly doubt as they are a whipple vendor.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
There are no significant issues with the car. We smoked the stock clutch and have been waiting for McLeod to build one for us. Since it's a completely different design than anything they offer it had to be made from scratch. We've got the clutch in the car now and a full Kooks setup on it so she's ready to hit the track. The only issue now is that it's 90+ deg here and humid which aren't the most ideal racing conditions. We may just wait until things start to cool down a bit.

Other than that you'll be seeing a Kooks exhaust video shortly.

Thanks, Jared

Reactions: TDC

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
There are no significant issues with the car. We smoked the stock clutch and have been waiting for McLeod to build one for us. Since it's a completely different design than anything they offer it had to be made from scratch. We've got the clutch in the car now and a full Kooks setup on it so she's ready to hit the track. The only issue now is that it's 90+ deg here and humid which aren't the most ideal racing conditions. We may just wait until things start to cool down a bit.

Other than that you'll be seeing a Kooks exhaust video shortly.

Thanks, Jared
Lol So i guess we will see results in NOV ? Because PBIR is not cooling down any time soon !

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
What issues and from who? lol :crazy:

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I am interested but will wait on the sidelines for a bit to see how lethal's car holds up .
No whipple tune (or warranty ).
Last time I asked lethal they had said Lund was working on the driveability with the throttle body .
I really want to see what their car does at the strip now that they have the McCleod clutch .
Whipple is working on the complete kit with their calibration and flight control software as we speak. The tuning process will begin next week and then shortly after that we'll be able to supply their turn-key kits. However, there still is not a powertrain warranty available as the insurance company has not signed off on it. Whipple is confident in their tune just as they are with the Mustang GT's but without the OK from the insurance company, the only warranty available will be on the Whipple components themselves. Hopefully this will change in the future. :cheers:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/wh...-complete-kit-intercooled-10-11psi-black.html

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Honestly I think 93 and FI on this car is pretty silly. If your going to go FI and not build the motor for slightly lower compression why not just grab fat injectors and go to the corn?

If you dont have access to it, it seems like one hell of a cost and a lot of weight to just add 3-6 lbs of boost.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Honestly I think 93 and FI on this car is pretty silly. If your going to go FI and not build the motor for slightly lower compression why not just grab fat injectors and go to the corn?

If you dont have access to it, it seems like one hell of a cost and a lot of weight to just add 3-6 lbs of boost.
Contrary to popular belief, low or lower compression ratios are not a requirement for boost. Its more of a preference. Using higher compression allows you to run less boost and make similar power to lower compression pushing more boost. It just requires a good tune for higher compression. Its just not as forgiving as lower compression.

So you should stop looking at the psi number and thinking its not worth the cost.
Sponsored