Sponsored

First Shelby GT350 in the 11's quarter-mile (11.96 @ 116 MPH)

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
The GT350's initial stats are more than acceptable in my book and pretty much in line with general expectations. A 12 second 1/4 mile at 119 MPH was blistering fast until just recently. The late model GT500s, Z06s, and the like have rewritten the the book on performance. Not everything out there is going to be on that par. It may be interesting to note that the 1/4 mile ET and MPH at this point appear to be the primary metric of interest even though the car is a road course oriented offering.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That sound...best part of that last vid.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
These times are not great, a lot of heat will come from the camaro people when the stock ss dips in 11's as well!
Look at the MPH. That is the true indicator of the power the car has. The A8 Camaro will be the car to run an 11.9 in mine shaft air, not the M6. The same tranny the GT350 is using here, a manual.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
The GT350's initial stats are more than acceptable in my book and pretty much in line with general expectations. A 12 second 1/4 mile at 119 MPH was blistering fast until just recently. The late model GT500s, Z06s, and the like have rewritten the the book on performance. Not everything out there is going to be on that par. It may be interesting to note that the 1/4 mile ET and MPH at this point appear to be the primary metric of interest even though the car is a road course oriented offering.
Many people that buy this car will never take it on a road course. Therefore, 1/4 times are important. Also I would argue it's much easier (although still takes skill) to run good 1/4 times vs. good lap times.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
When are we going to see all the mag testing reports. Two mags so far is by all means not the norm @ this time. Let's see some testing on better track conditions and some one who knows how to launch this car. The bog was horrible.
I don't have a problem with the 1/4 mile times. In fact I'm very pleased with them. The more important test was the PCOTY and I was extremely pleased to read about that award. The wait on my car order is a bit bothersome it's driving me nuts.
Signed..... Car crazy and can't help it.

Last edited:

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Many people that buy this car will never take it on a road course. Therefore, 1/4 times are important. Also I would argue it's much easier (although still takes skill) to run good 1/4 times vs. good lap times.
Precisely, these are Pony/Muscle Cars in the minds of 99.9% of the automotive enthusiasts. Straight line performance is what these cars are known for and how they will be evaluated by the overwhelming majority. I could give a crap how long a GT350 takes to go around Laguna Seca, VIR, the "Ring", or where ever.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Precisely, these are Pony/Muscle Cars in the minds of 99.9% of the automotive enthusiasts. Straight line performance is what these cars are known for and how they will be evaluated by the overwhelming majority. I could give a crap how long a GT350 takes to go around Laguna Seca, VIR, the "Ring", or where ever.

Buy a Chevy then. Ford built them for handling whether the vast majority likes it or not. They'll need lower gears to be really quick in the quarter mile.

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Buy a Chevy then. Ford built them for handling whether the vast majority likes it or not. They'll need lower gears to be really quick in the quarter mile.
I'll buy a Mustang, Thank You. I would imagine that all of us here understand that Ford engineered this car with road course abilities in excess of the previous GT500. I really don't care about that part but love the look, sound, and Shelby designation. I agree that a gear change will really wake this car up with some torque multiplication.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Look at the MPH. That is the true indicator of the power the car has. The A8 Camaro will be the car to run an 11.9 in mine shaft air, not the M6. The same tranny the GT350 is using here, a manual.

Seam to be pretty good cold condition. I just check with dragtime and the da was -1 100 .
At these conditions this is very poor mph. At -200 - 300 da I ran 115.8 mph of idle on street tire bone stock 2.02 60ft with my base 15 Gt M6.

With just et street slick I run @116.66mph -600 da. Maybe stock tune torque management and clutch protection is even more aggressive than on the GT. Or the headwind was 40 mph?That would explain the poor mph for -1100 da.

Sponsored

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Very true. So many of us overlook MPH and concentrate on just the ET. Trap MPH is a far better indicator/predictor of street performance and seat of the pants fun to drive factor.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Seam to be pretty good cold condition. I just check with dragtime and the da was -1 100 .
At these conditions this is very poor mph. At -200 - 300 da I ran 115.8 mph of idle on street tire bone stock 2.02 60ft with my base 15 Gt M6.

With just et street slick I run @116.66mph -600 da. Maybe stock tune torque management and clutch protection is even more aggressive than on the GT. Or the headwind was 40 mph?That would explain the poor mph for -1100 da.
They hit 121MPH on a run that was in the low 12s.

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
They hit 121MPH on a run that was in the 12s.
That is really nice MPH. I'd love to see what this car feels like with on the street with some 4:10s or even 4:30s. That 8200 rpm opens some doors for sure.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Oh so buying a Chevy is the answer? The corvette handles equal to the Shelby and is also faster in the 1/4. The new SS Camaro is about as fast in the 1/4 also. And we don't know how well it'll handle against the Shelby either with the new platform. I think if and when the gt500 comes out it'll be the best of both worlds. Until then I'm pleased with my gt350. Noting a few bolt ons and driver skill can't fix.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My point is if those are DR tires then I was hoping for faster times then what MT & C&D & R/T magazine got with stock tires and no tune or fuel. If those magazines got 12.1 and 12.4 for the gt350 with stock tune and tires I expect better times with sticky tires. I'm assuming they have e85 in one car since they reported on the post the hp and tq they got from the fuel and tune.
do you read anything? how would they be running E-85 with no tune.. they state the car is stock like 4 times.. clearly you dont go to the strip much along with all the other dumb comments on here about how you guys arent impressed.. what good is a sticky tire if the track prep isnt good? do any of you people actually read the OP? i get so confused as to how you people ask these questions and say these things when the OP answers all of them....:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::crazy::crazy:
Sponsored