Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Exactly right!
So do you plan on doing any competitive racing in the future or just having a blast getting the car to run like hell at the track?
I only ask because I started down a similar mod path years ago with my Torino Cobra and ended up trailering the (non daily driver) car to two local area tracks to bracket race on weekends, in other words I caught the racing bug.
I plan on going to as many NMRA events as possible. While I'm new to this site and the S550, I have a deep history of Drag Racing & Mustangs. I was against the S550 in the beginning but my Dad convinced me to get it just as he had to do in 86. The Mustang & Drag Racing has provided me a good life as my work on the car and successful 1/4 mile performance #s lead me to my Mechanical career in the Nuclear Industry, so making this car run fast is my thanks to Ford. I've always been a big Ford fan & supporter. I do as much as I can to make them look good & share the knowledge so that way others can do the same or add to my lessons learned, the more fast Fords the better! I've never been good at Bracket Racing, it's hard to lift with my mindset, to me breaking-out means I went faster, and as far as cutting lights I take off when I think the car is ready, so my lights are inconsistent at best lol. In the pic left to right, me holding my son, my wife, my sister & my Dad, late 80s at MOROSO. MOROSO MSP (PBIR now) did an article on my shop and that was the photo they used.
MOROSO 80s.jpg
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea ur gears are killing u on ur 60,but like u said the gears and convertor and that thing is going to be a beast!!!!!!!!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I plan on going to as many NMRA events as possible. While I'm new to this site and the S550, I have a deep history of Drag Racing & Mustangs. I was against the S550 in the beginning but my Dad convinced me to get it just as he had to do in 86. The Mustang & Drag Racing has provided me a good life as my work on the car and successful 1/4 mile performance #s lead me to my Mechanical career in the Nuclear Industry, so making this car run fast is my thanks to Ford. I've always been a big Ford fan & supporter. I do as much as I can to make them look good & share the knowledge so that way others can do the same or add to my lessons learned, the more fast Fords the better! I've never been good at Bracket Racing, it's hard to lift with my mindset, to me breaking-out means I went faster, and as far as cutting lights I take off when I think the car is ready, so my lights are inconsistent at best lol. In the pic left to right, me holding my son, my wife, my sister & my Dad, late 80s at MOROSO. MOROSO MSP (PBIR now) did an article on my shop and that was the photo they used.
Yeah BR isn't easy and it's tough being consistent round after round, not for everybody that's for sure.
Great pic, thanks for sharing!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
A high rpm stall converter will improve ET's by about a half second, a bit more with proper tuning. My car dropped sixth tenths with the converter swap and supporting tune. Best bang-for-the-buck short of forced induction, IMHO.
Sponsored