First Impressions

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
Finally picked up my 2022 GT/CS Convertible, Automatic, 401A, Performance Pack, Active Exhaust, Magneride, B&O. The improvement from my previous 2013 GT convertible is impressive.​
-Picking up the car (paperwork, etc) was a breeze & the dealership was very helpful.​
-First time I used X Plan & it was simple.​
-The California Special trim looks great with Rapid Red paint.​
-Horsepower is only 30 more than my 2013 (450 v 420) & I don't see much difference in acceleration, etc, but the 10 speed auto is much smoother than than the 6 speed in the 2013.​
-Ride & handling seem far superior. Not sure how much of that is due to magneride, tires, or S550 chassis versus the S197, probably a combination of all.​
-The CS comes with Miko Suede interior. This is the first time I can remember not having leather (or high quality vinyl/leatherette) on a car. I am pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the seats, although like the 2013, the seat bottom could be longer for taller drivers (I am 6'3").​
-I find steering feel/effort & braking to be excellent, even in normal mode,​
-Can't say I am surprised but I am disappointed in the sound quality from the B&O. Will probably upgrade at least the speakers.​
-Panel fit is OK except for the hood, which is low on one side & high on the other. Dealer has made arrangements with their body shop to adjust the alignment.​
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats on the new S550 ownership!

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Got pics.

BD

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Finally picked up my 2022 GT/CS Convertible, Automatic, 401A, Performance Pack, Active Exhaust, Magneride, B&O. The improvement from my previous 2013 GT convertible is impressive.​
-Picking up the car (paperwork, etc) was a breeze & the dealership was very helpful.​
-First time I used X Plan & it was simple.​
-The California Special trim looks great with Rapid Red paint.​
-Horsepower is only 30 more than my 2013 (450 v 420) & I don't see much difference in acceleration, etc, but the 10 speed auto is much smoother than than the 6 speed in the 2013.​
-Ride & handling seem far superior. Not sure how much of that is due to magneride, tires, or S550 chassis versus the S197, probably a combination of all.​
-The CS comes with Miko Suede interior. This is the first time I can remember not having leather (or high quality vinyl/leatherette) on a car. I am pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the seats, although like the 2013, the seat bottom could be longer for taller drivers (I am 6'3").​
-I find steering feel/effort & braking to be excellent, even in normal mode,​
-Can't say I am surprised but I am disappointed in the sound quality from the B&O. Will probably upgrade at least the speakers.​
-Panel fit is OK except for the hood, which is low on one side & high on the other. Dealer has made arrangements with their body shop to adjust the alignment.​
Your car sounds loaded. Never seen a rapid red CS convertible. Please share some photos. Short seats, but lots of legroom, so it's not all bad. Interesting that you don't feel the power difference in the motor. I did immediately. Congratulations on what sounds like a great car.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Very nice indeed.

BD

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful! Consider a Kicker 200.4 mounts at Stock amp location, plus Hertz MPK 165.3 Pro 6.5 plus tweeters and Hertz 500.1 sub amp that's very compact.

Both amps have DSP and auto calibration plus the Hertz 6.5 go deep probably don't even need to upgrade sub.

The sound quality elevation for the $ is exceptional.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Car is a looker. the new red cs badges do match the paint - good choice there. Cant say I agree with the b&o assessment as mine just rocks but everyone looks for something different in audio. Active exhaust is a complete hoot. Use the mode toggle in middle of dash to flip to sport plus during your drive to hear the coyote howl. Enjoy the car.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
congrats! she's a beaut :rockon:

Sponsored

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Sharp, the front grill looks great.

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Congrats on the new car. Something I have always wondered is if the B&O is the same as the shaker from 15-17? I had the shaker in my 16 and it all looks the same...subwoofer, speakers etc. I don't really care about car audio too much...it is decent enough but just wondering if they slapped a different brand name on it.

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new car. Something I have always wondered is if the B&O is the same as the shaker from 15-17? I had the shaker in my 16 and it all looks the same...subwoofer, speakers etc. I don't really care about car audio too much...it is decent enough but just wondering if they slapped a different brand name on it.
Don't know for sure but suspect it is different. I had the shaker on my 2013 & think it had stronger base than the B&O.
Sponsored