First Aftermarket GT350 Exhaust from MagnaFlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Technology Package Soon to order
I'm thinking you may have a point here, along with the crank design.
Condensed version from car and driver sums it up well.

The Mustang does not wail like a Ferrari, however, because Ford’s engine is quite different. For one thing, it has a single intake and dual exhausts, as opposed to a dual intake and a single large muffler, as on a Ferrari. Also, rather than the Ferrari’s setup of, effectively, two four-cylinder engines joined at the crankshaft, where the center two pistons of each bank are 180 degrees out from the outer two, the Ford has a different arrangement. It puts each piston 180 out from the next one in line. This is mainly because Ford wanted a single large throttle body for better packaging and a power spread more befitting a Mustang.
Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I don't mean to crap on anyone's parade, but I love the sound of the stock exhaust. I'd have to hear these side-by-side... this sound honestly didn't do anything for me.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I don't mean to crap on anyone's parade, but I love the sound of the stock exhaust. I'd have to hear these side-by-side... this sound honestly didn't do anything for me.
Im with you. Took away some of the rawness that made this car sound amazing

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Glad somebody got to work on improving that sub-standard weak ass exhaust tone of my my GT350......I can hardly wait for a brake upgrade worthy of this car and my driving ability!! :doh:

NCGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Technology Package Soon to order
Im with you. Took away some of the rawness that made this car sound amazing
Agreed. I wouldn't take that exhaust for free honestly. Even if it actually makes 15 hp more.

Sponsored

Rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
So it's just a catback exhaust for $1700 huh gaining 15HP, sounds like a real deal good luck. Wasn't it also Magnaflow that claimed an amazing 30HP gain when the first S550's came out??

Just like saying no to ADM guys I would say no to this obvious huge markup of an exhaust and watch the prices fall very quickly!! Yes I to love Magnaflow for their sound and never ever believed the HP gain claims that's not what you are really buying it for its only for sound! $1,700 for a catback is ridiculous sorry to say!

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche grey
subbed for more sound clips

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
+1 :cheers:

Exhaust sounds are a matter of preference. I am not a racer so I don't plan to mod this car. I love it like it is.:ford:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I really like the sound of that.

I can appreciate the uniqueness of the stock GT350 exhaust, but the raspy nature of that exhaust is the one bit I don't like. This MF exhaust certainly gives it a much deeper tone......pardon the expression, but it gives it balls!

Would love to hear MUCH more of this, particularly under load :thumbsup:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I like the factory sound better. This thing sounds like a video game.

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It makes it sound more like a regular 5.0 is the only issue that I have. Most won't be able to tell it apart from a GT as far as the sound. Maybe with an off road header setup it would get some of that sound back again.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It makes it sound more like a regular 5.0 is the only issue that I have. Most won't be able to tell it apart from a GT as far as the sound. Maybe with an off road header setup it would get some of that sound back again.
spent another $2500+ for headers to get the factory sound back. :lol:

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I like it. Cleans up the note a little bit. Still need to hear it under load 3rd WOT. And would like to see pics of the system and the tip design with the stock valance up close. But it's nice to see Magnaflow come to market this quickly. And 1700 for a cat back if it is dual mode is what I would expect for retail pricing on a GT350. Since the GT cat back is 1199.00

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
$1700 is a rip off with no dual mode. Great sound but shitty pricing. Stock exhaust ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.