Sponsored

Financing a Mustang, has anyone done this?

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
Sounds like a sweet deal. Only you know if you can 'live' on the ~400 month you'll have left over after making the payment and paying for gas.
I think I should be good, plus the money left over will just be saved for the next month and so on. I plan on paying it off early by saving the extra money every month, just in case I have to trade it in after a few years for the next gen mustang ;)
Sponsored

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
I think I should be good, plus the money left over will just be saved for the next month and so on. I plan on paying it off early by saving the extra money every month, just in case I have to trade it in after a few years for the next gen mustang ;)
Trust me, you're not going to have any money left over. These cars are way too nice not to mod. The mod bug will bite before your first oil change. I guarantee it.

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
Trust me, you're not going to have any money left over. These cars are way too nice not to mod. The mod bug will bite before your first oil change. I guarantee it.
Haha you're so right, I don't even have the car yet and I'm planning some mods. But also on the other hand I'm pretty good with limiting my spending so I *think* I'll be okay. I'll be starstruck even owning this car that the first 3 months I'll just be in shock, thennnn the mod bug will bite.

Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
The car you looked at today is the car someone looked at yesterday and will buy later. Do it.

Your lucky your parents will back you, just be prepared to face the real job market and a job that will put that title in hand before 5 years is up once you graduate.

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
The car you looked at today is the car someone looked at yesterday and will buy later. Do it.

Your lucky your parents will back you, just be prepared to face the real job market and a job that will put that title in hand before 5 years is up once you graduate.
Definitely. Thanks for the input!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
house first if i had to do over again, 1996 monte carlo ss when i was in your shoes

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
I say do it, along as all your money Is not going towards your car. Your lucky you have parents like that and if they are okay with it, than I say it's fine. Along you take advantage of this situation and save money while having the car.

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
I say do it, along as all your money Is not going towards your car. Your lucky you have parents like that and if they are okay with it, than I say it's fine. Along you take advantage of this situation and save money while having the car.
That's the plan, save as much as humanly possible while just throwing monthly payments at the car. Not much else I have to pay for except my own gas and anything for the car. Nothing else monthly though.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Congrats. I have a 14 year old son whom we are fortunate enough to be able to spoil. Pretty much everyday I tell him, "Get great grades, be polite & help out around the house and you will live in a world of milk and honey. The grades drop and you're screwed." It should be noted that he helps out at the family business over the summer. He's one of the very few 14 year olds you will meet making $20 per hour..

I think it's great that your parents are in a position to facilitate an affordable education for you. I just hope that you spoil them back by getting outstanding grades and you treat them and others with respect everyday.

Now, drive the wheels off that sucker!!!

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
Congrats. I have a 14 year old son whom we are fortunate enough to be able to spoil. Pretty much everyday I tell him, "Get great grades, be polite & help out around the house and you will live in a world of milk and honey. The grades drop and you're screwed." It should be noted that he helps out at the family business over the summer. He's one of the very few 14 year olds you will meet making $20 per hour..

I think it's great that your parents are in a position to facilitate an affordable education for you. I just hope that you spoil them back by getting outstanding grades and you treat them and others with respect everyday.

Now, drive the wheels off that sucker!!!

Hahah that's awesome! I hope your son gets a mustang when the time comes too! I work hard in every way possible whether it be or school or work. We are in a similar situation, if I start to slack in school I'm done for. Thank you for the input! I definitely will :)

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
I was in a similar situation except my parents wouldn't let me choose the car until I graduated college. Lucky man enjoy the car! Just be prepared to spend the other half of your money on gas for these suckers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
I was in a similar situation except my parents wouldn't let me choose the car until I graduated college. Lucky man enjoy the car! Just be prepared to spend the other half of your money on gas for these suckers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first car wasn't anything to brag about but since this is my own money they told me to do as I please with it. Thank you I will certainly enjoy every mile I put on it. Haha tell me about it, I'm prepared though

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
its funny when i was that age all i thought about was having money for my own place not a brand new car... how times have changed
Sponsored