Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@melwff I know, I was writing in that topic too. I asked directly Ford Performance whether they are identical to factory Mach 1 HP wheels and the answer is that they are.

FP said:
The wheels are the Mach 1 Handling Pack wheels that are used for the production Mach 1 with the Handling Pack. They are a Cast Aluminum wheel.
The HP wheels infographics says they're cast also, the other infographics says "forged with cast aluminum", whatever that means, they look the same incl. colour, they really must be identical.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
@melwff I know, I was writing in that topic too. I asked directly Ford Performance whether they are identical to factory Mach 1 HP wheels and the answer is that they are.

The HP wheels infographics says they're cast also, the other infographics says "forged with cast aluminum", whatever that means, they look the same incl. colour, they really must be identical.

FP has given us the same answer and your correct even the OE wheel has mixed up verbiage. Based on previous OE wheels released by FP they were reproduced in a different factory using the same machinery and castings but with slightly different finishes matte vs gloss etc...

In this case they are implying it is an OE production wheel and when asked directly I was told it is cast and made in the USA. Once we get some orders in for them we can snap a few pics of the inner markings in hope to compare them with an OE wheel.

If your interested in a set let me know as I have a coupon code you can use.

- Benny

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'll reach out next month, have few things bookmarked to buy, car will only get delivered in 2 weeks 😁

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
FP has given us the same answer and your correct even the OE wheel has mixed up verbiage. Based on previous OE wheels released by FP they were reproduced in a different factory using the same machinery and castings but with slightly different finishes matte vs gloss etc...

In this case they are implying it is an OE production wheel and when asked directly I was told it is cast and made in the USA. Once we get some orders in for them we can snap a few pics of the inner markings in hope to compare them with an OE wheel.

- Benny
I'm interested in ordering a set, can you please PM me the coupon code ?

Thanks

Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Also interested in a set. Can I get the code to see what these are going to be shipped to zip code 89512 ?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So this fender lip thread somehow devolved into a handling package wheel ordering thread but... here are some tips for installing the fender lip moldings:

1) The instructions say install at 60F or higher temps, or warm up the fenders with a hair dryer.

2) I installed them without jacking up the car or removing the wheels. Running the base Mach 1 5-spoke wheels with 255/40 front tires.

3) Remove 5 push-pin fasteners from each side and discard, the new ones are longer. Make sure you remove the correct ones, line up the molding with the fender to see which ones need removed.

4) Wipe down the fender lip with alcohol where the 3M tape will contact the fender.

5) Dry the alcohol, then wipe the same areas with the adhesive enhancer wipe that comes in a little packet with the moldings. Smells awful, I wore gloves for the rest of the install.

6) The instructions say remove the tape cover strip and place the moldings into position before installing any fasteners, but that seemed risky with being able to line up the holes. I pulled away a tiny bit of the tape and installed the top center fastener. Then got the rear fastener ready, pulled away the tape cover, installed the rear fastener, and pressed the molding against the fender lip. BE CAREFUL - that tape sticks immediately!

7) Then repeat with the highest of the three front fastener locations.

8) Press in the last two front fasteners and you're done.

Took me about 45 minutes start to finish.
Sponsored