Sponsored

Feels like tires are loosing grip during driving, friend thinks it is the bushings

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple yellow GT performance pkg
I think the tires are getting a little better. Had 2 scares while going to pickup friend though.
Had to quickly change lanes on the tollway as a gardening hoe fell off a truck in front of me.
No issues there for me. Not sure about car behind me.
2nd was going around winding bumpy road at 40 mph and car slipped like it was on ice. Now have 100 miles on car.

I just saw the app gauge for tire pressure - FL 34, FR 35, RL 35, RR 35. According to my tired eyes the door jamb shows 32.
Guess I will get that adjusted today.
Sponsored

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I think the tires are getting a little better. Had 2 scares while going to pickup friend though.
Had to quickly change lanes on the tollway as a gardening hoe fell off a truck in front of me.
2nd was going around winding bumpy road at 40 mph and car slipped like it was on ice. Now have 100 miles on car.

I just saw the app gauge for tire pressure - FL 34, FR 35, RL 35, RR 35. According to my tired eyes the door jamb shows 32.
I used my old school gauge to check them when I got home from the dealer. They were at 45psi cold all around :doh:

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went by Discount Tire and their gauges read 32 while cars gauge was showing 36.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Wow....I have owned tons of brand new performance cars and have never experienced anything like this, ever. Even replacing the tires with brand new performance tires after the stock ones wear out or due to new wheels, still not an issue.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic

I see your in Texas, so my question may be meaningless, have you had cold weather lately? The Pirellis don't operate well in cold weather according to their warranty.

Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Report back after 500 miles they will get better, Pzero isnt my fav tire i actually dislike them for handling and most oem use them for comfort. I do feel a little skiddish as well and i have 170 miles only but will give it more time to wear in.

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I let a friend drive and he thinks it might be the bushings. After driving on the North Dallas Tollway which is not the smoothest of roads it shook back and forth 4 times and stayed in the lane. Was going 60 on a slight curve. Should have been easy. I have decided to take to dealer tomorrow.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
I see your in Texas, so my question may be meaningless, have you had cold weather lately? The Pirellis don't operate well in cold weather according to their warranty.
That's true! My '14 would spin in 4th gear in cold temps.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I think it's been getting pretty cool down that way, if temps from COTA and Nascar race are any indication.

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before I dropped my car off I did a vehicle test report. Didn't read the email till this morning. Apparently my car knew there was an issue. Got email from Service guy. They ordered a new control arm and bolt.

Sponsored

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Is that an option in the menu on the dash?

Damn, I really should read my owner's manual. Is there a PDF of it somewhere?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see how bushings would play into this at all.

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that an option in the menu on the dash?

Damn, I really should read my owner's manual. Is there a PDF of it somewhere?
Make sure you have registered on syncmyride.com then start car and let engine run for at least a minute.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Before I dropped my car off I did a vehicle test report. Didn't read the email till this morning. Apparently my car knew there was an issue. Got email from Service guy. They ordered a new control arm and bolt.
Wow, that's pretty cool.

Hopefully that resolves the issue.

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got car back repaired. This is what is on paper work.
Verified concern, Found rear of vehicle to become loose under acceleration. Raised vehicle and inspected rear suspension, found left rear toe arm bolt at knuckle under torqued and backed completely out causing left rear wheel to have unintended movement. Upon inspection found rear toe arm end to be spread out from not being tightened down. Replaced left rear toe arm and bolt, re-torqued fastener and retest drove. Ok concern is gone at this time.
Was so much more enjoyable to drive.
Sponsored