Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Often when reading threads I go to the last page in the thread and it is completely blank (no posts).

Sometimes when reading the end of page 7 of 8 when you select the next page (page 8) it takes you back to the top of page 7.

This happens both on the website and also using the tapatalk app.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It happens when a certain amount of posts have been deleted. Say you're on page 7, and all it takes is one more post to create an 8th page, and someone makes that post but then deletes it (or any prior post in said thread is deleted), page 8 "remains", but clicking on it will take you back to page 7.

That's why it gets worse with threads that have tons of pages. A 20+ page thread with hundreds of posts will contain a proportionately large amount of deleted posts, creating more "dead" pages in the process. I think it's a vBulletin issue.

OP
OP

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you for explaining.

I frequent many vBulletin based forums and I've never encountered this before. Why would this site be any different? Maybe mods are deleting a bunch of posts here?

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks also, I though it was just me..

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for explaining.

I frequent many vBulletin based forums and I've never encountered this before. Why would this site be any different? Maybe mods are deleting a bunch of posts here?
It happens on Bimmerpost which is powered by vB. The only mod deleting I've seen has been in good taste, but that could be a part of it.

Sponsored

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Yes, this happens when either members delete their own posts or moderators do it. It is a bug in the vBulletin system.