Sponsored

Faulty heater?

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] cheers for the info. Sounds like it’s going to be a pain to try and get this one fixed. I don’t have the holiday or the time to muck about going in and out of Ford so I am going to speak with them tomorrow and see if I can just drop the car off one evening, leave a few notes in the car as to what others (like yourself) have had to go through to sort this problem. I will mention
1) Blend door actuators
2) Blend actuator link
3) wiring loom (last to be mentioned because of the dash out) do you know the exact name for this wiring loom or is just the heating wiring loom?
Wish me luck, but looks like I won’t have the car for my birthday weekend away now as I can’t risk driving it and not being able to clear the windscreen :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would hope its just the actuators.
The wiring loom was a complete kit behind the dash with connectors.It sounds like you have same fault, cold air drivers side.Tell them to call haynes maidstone,they should point them in the right direction.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I hope it's just the actuators as well because I believe you can get to these under the dash from the foot well.
Car is being dropped off tonight and they will have the car all day tomorrow.
Ted would you mind PM me your number plate so I can then reference this when I say Haynes Maidstone has worked on this fault please :)

I would hope its just the actuators.
The wiring loom was a complete kit behind the dash with connectors.It sounds like you have same fault, cold air drivers side.Tell them to call haynes maidstone,they should point them in the right direction.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our cars were built the same time so it wouldn't surprise me that it was the loom.If it is i would strongly recommend Haynes getting involved,at least they've done one.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Our cars were built the same time so it wouldn't surprise me that it was the loom.If it is i would strongly recommend Haynes getting involved,at least they've done one.
Really hoping it's not but as you say, both our cars built the same time and identical fault :(

I have put together a letter to the technician(s) that I will include in the envelope with the key tonight. Hopefully they take the time to read it ( :eek: ) because i have listed the problems I find with the heater and mentioned about you having the same problems and Haynes Ford fixing it.

I will see what they come back with tomorrow and if it gives me hope to leave it with them, if not, I will be on the phone to your dealership to have them work on it.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you need to talk to spencer @Haynes car service nice guy he will sort you out.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
If you need to talk to spencer @Haynes car service nice guy he will sort you out.
Cheers mate. I will mention him as well :)

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
So.......I picked the car up last night and all is working again. Spoke with the technician and he said that there is a valve in the system which is located in the foot well by the clutch. This was not seated/located properly and after fixing this and checking the rest of the system HOT air was blowing out of both sides again :)

I have a longish journey on Friday so it will give me a chance to really test it all but I was to be nice and toasty last night on the 5 min drive home :thumbsup:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thats good,sounds like something got stuck in wrong position :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thats good,sounds like something got stuck in wrong position :thumbsup:
I wonder if you had the same problem and by taking the dash apart, this part would have been played with as well? For now I will keep my fingers crossed it's now sorted. Thanks for the info mate :thumbsup:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The very first repair they did before pulling the dash, the tech said it was just under the footwell so it must be the same part.
Keep an eye on it

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
A nice long drive Friday and Saturday.....nice and toasty :thumbsup:
Sponsored