avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I must admit I haven't payed to much attention to the climate control/heating (not a DD) and I know I was getting heat originally but i noticed my windscreen was fogging up slightly over the last few weeks but didn't pay to much attention and had settings on mainly ac and auto.After a long drive to Cornwall last night I realised I'm getting no heat out on drivers side vents and windscreen but the passenger side vent and windscreen was getting heat although I'm not sure if it was as hot as before.Leaving it on Auto doesn't appear to do anything(auto on fan manually switched off should it still bring the fan on and off on its own in Auto?).Also touching dual and the green light comes on when I go to change temp nothing happens on the passenger side but it does when I turn of dual (green light out)Also I could have sworn' my temp' was on the passenger side and dual was on my side but I may be cracking up on that one lol. I must be doing something wrong but No matter what I did last night I could not get any heat out on my side (have I set 'my temp' low and It needs receting higher):frusty:
Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Played with this, set my temp to high, passenger to high, set direction to face, heat coming from left and side vent only, middle and right vent cool air.On windscreen the same, hot air left, cool air right side.On air con ,freezing right side, left side a tad warmer.When you go into Auto and switch off, then Switch on, it stays in Auto, you can't turn it off. I don't think it was like this on pick up,but I always thought it was a bit crap, either it was too hot or too cold, never comfortable or the screen was always misting up unless AC was on.
Got it serviced yesterday and diagnostics were ok, not sure if that is only the engine though.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Don't know if this helps, but my car always steamed up until about a month ago then it stopped on its own and have never had a problem since, don't know if it was all the salt air at the dock or need to dry out but all ok now :thumbsup:, with reference to the heater I have no idea how it works as sometimes I am freezing cold then other times I have heat, swear it has a mind of its own and does whatever it likes :shrug:,

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What with having quite a good summer and not driving at night just a weekend plaything, I had AC/auto on mostly which seemed to work ok, but I noticed if you turned off AC the temp in the car felt weird almost muggy and the windscreen would start to fog up unless the ac went back on.Today doing it manually on hi and front direction arrow I had to close the middle and right vent , leave open the left one just to get some heat blowing in the car.
Do you have heat from all vents if set on high?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What with having quite a good summer and not driving at night just a weekend plaything, I had AC/auto on mostly which seemed to work ok, but I noticed if you turned off AC the temp in the car felt weird almost muggy and the windscreen would start to fog up unless the ac went back on.Today doing it manually on hi and front direction arrow I had to close the middle and right vent , leave open the left one just to get some heat blowing in the car.
I have noticed this (bold) but i'm fairly sure the heaters working. Will pay special attention tomorrow when out in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Think I found it, evaporator core failure, whatever that is, lots of mustangs with this, driver vent hot,passenger vent cold,
Back to the dealers me thinks.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure now, coolant level fine, engine temp fine (8hrs driving )no leaks on carpet, I've got AC,bloody cold, just those vents not chucking out hot air.Still, back to the dealers when I get back.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I will have a play tomorrow and see

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
was wondering if mine was messed up as it kept fogging up, i do know that the faster you go the more air it pumps out (anyone who doesn't believe me go from 40-70 with AC on max).
Mine all drops out hot air, however if you have (in the sync settings) windscreen, face and feet warming, some do feel colder as the same heated air is pushed through every vent rather than just one set.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Mine can take a long time to normalise from setting off, maybe 5 miles of driving sometimes. After that it settles down (presumably all the temp sensors have sorted themselves out) and does what it should. Most cars will mist up this time of year without AC on. With the top down I have to go into full manual mode to get the upper vents to blow hot air but then just hit 'my temp' and 'auto' to go back to normal.

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I've noticed as it gets colder that the heater is a bit random - sometimes it blows nice warm air out but other times it still blows cold even when the outside temp is low and the inside temp is set to , say 23.. Worse on Sunny days - suspect that's because there's a sensor that measures it and compensates for thermal gain through the windows but even if it is, it's not very good at it. resorted to putting the heated seat on a few times

Had put it down to poor design or calibration but now you've brought this up I'll check the passenger vents to see if they are any different.

Mine also steams up without AC on but had that in my old car as well so I don't think that's unusual

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They have had problems in the hotter states with AC failures, but its reversed AC blowing out hot, big job as well dash out.Looking at mechanical reason flap stuck etc( blend door actuators)its definitely a zone issue

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
They have had problems in the hotter states with AC failures, but its reversed AC blowing out hot, big job as well dash out.Looking at mechanical reason flap stuck etc( blend door actuators)its definitely a zone issue
I've had a play with the heater and I get the same warm air through the three centre vents if you adjust it for blowing in your face and both temps are set the same, if you leave it on auto then the hotter you make it, seems to shut those vents off and blow the hot air at the windscreen

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well everything I've tried apart from pulling the battery cable still gives me middle- right vent& my side of the screen blowing cool when set on full heat, left hand side works.Nothing suggests AC as that works, it must be electrical control to my side.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Hmm. Does sound like a blend valve fault or something like that. Tried mine today and although its not massively hot air through centre vents it's not cold, and it is even with the side vents.
Sponsored