tbmx2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Premium PP1 MT82
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Mustang GT premium with dual climate control and I am having a very strange issue with the heat.

Regardless of the fan speed setting, if the DRIVERS side temperature is set to hot, none of the vents facing the drivers or passengers head will blow air out, however if the drivers side temperature is set to cold both fans will blow air again and the temperature of the passenger side will blow whatever temp it is set at.

Drivers side set to cold: Fans blow, passenger side can be any heat
Drivers side set to hot: Fans wont blow at all, drivers side or passenger side

This issue only happens when the drivers side air is above 70 degrees roughly.

I wouldn't think that this is a blower motor because when the drivers side is set to cold you can feel the air blasting on you. I also wouldn't think this is a heater core issue or anything because the heat itself does work.

I have an appointment with Ford Monday but didn't know if you guys would have any insight until then.
Sponsored

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
If it makes you feel any better I have the same problem. I thought it was supposed to be that way for some weird reason.

Mine is a 22 GTCS with 14k miles on it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Probably a blend door issue. Since it has dual climate, it also has 2 blend doors/motors, but maybe a headunit issue.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a blend door issue. Since it has dual climate, it also has 2 blend doors/motors, but maybe a headunit issue.
Check fuses?

Any clicking sound with the AC operations? What happens when you change between vents, footwell vents, and defroster? Sounds like could be blend door actuator motor.

Click sound is in this video:

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Mustang GT premium with dual climate control and I am having a very strange issue with the heat.

Regardless of the fan speed setting, if the DRIVERS side temperature is set to hot, none of the vents facing the drivers or passengers head will blow air out, however if the drivers side temperature is set to cold both fans will blow air again and the temperature of the passenger side will blow whatever temp it is set at.

Drivers side set to cold: Fans blow, passenger side can be any heat
Drivers side set to hot: Fans wont blow at all, drivers side or passenger side

This issue only happens when the drivers side air is above 70 degrees roughly.

I wouldn't think that this is a blower motor because when the drivers side is set to cold you can feel the air blasting on you. I also wouldn't think this is a heater core issue or anything because the heat itself does work.

I have an appointment with Ford Monday but didn't know if you guys would have any insight until then.
Was this ever resolved? I believe I’m having the same issue

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Sorry if I'm bumping a slightly old thread - I'm guessing your guy's climate control is in "auto" mode, either by hitting the "auto" button in the climate control stack or via climate control menu in the center screen. It can/will revert to auto as well when selecting "max a/c" or "max defrost" and then adjusting temp/fan speed/etc. causing whatever wasn't adjusted to be stuck in auto. Per Ford's algorithm for climate on auto: max heat goes to windshield/feet and max cool goes to face.

Try going to the climate section in your center screen and adjusting where you want to send the airflow - on Sync 3 if there's a black bar with "auto" there, then it defaulted to auto climate control at some point. Just tap it and adjust it to your needs.

One reason I hate touch integrated controls :headbang:
Sponsored