Sponsored

[Faked] Leaked 2020 GT500 0-60 & 1/4 times from Road and Track?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That sea of blue is deep!
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't care what anyone says. Plain and simple why won't Ford inform us of the weight? Horsepower, ok yea we get it you don't want to reveal it because you are trying to squeeze out all you can but the weight isn't going to change. Is it a tank or what?! My bet is YES!
My guess is Ford doesn't want to release the weight by its self. Because theres nothing sexy about a 4000+ weight. And why poison potential buyers minds. Without the full context. Of how the car performs. People have no issues with the GT-R or hellcat at over 4000 pounds because they put up numbers. And I assume the GT500 will put up numbers.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
My guess is Ford doesn't want to release the weight by its self. Because theres nothing sexy about a 4000+ weight. And why poison potential buyers minds. Without the full context. Of how the car performs. People have no issues with the GT-R or hellcat at over 4000 pounds because they put up numbers. And I assume the GT500 will put up numbers.
Agree with comment. Just want to add the GTR is well under 4000, and as low as 38xx for some of the older cars and nismo.

I use to think it was a pig until the hellcat and potentially 500s weight is revealed.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
that entire IG acct is cancer
has been wrong and obviously making things up from day 1
fake 2.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
He sent me some very angry messages after calling him out on his BS lol. It is probably some 15 year old who is very excited.
Poor guy, give him a safe space and some play dough.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
He sent me some very angry messages after calling him out on his BS lol. It is probably some 15 year old who is very excited.
lol, likely. I cant blame him, youtube and IG have made people feel its easy to make $$ by doing so ( and it kind of is, but takes work) fake info wont pay off in the long run.. i want to send a pm now too, just to get a response :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Any idea what blue this is? Performance or Velocity?
I believe it is performance blue. I went and looked at a 2019 GT350 in that color the other day.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it is performance blue. I went and looked at a 2019 GT350 in that color the other day.
Velocity blue is much lighter so this should be performance blue for sure.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Road & Track has just confirmed that this sheet is faked!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...ested-the-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-yet/

No, We Haven't Tested the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Yet

An R&T test sheet with performance numbers for the GT500 is floating around online. One problem: We haven't even sat in one yet.

BY TRAVIS OKULSKI
JUN 3, 2019

Nobody outside of Ford has driven the 2020 Mustang GT500. Literally nobody. That's why our ears and eyes perked up when we heard that a test sheet is circulating around the web which says that the car hits 60 in 3.4 seconds and can brake to zero from 60 in 96 feet. Impressive numbers.

But the numbers weren't the only thing that caught our eye. They were written on a work sheet that we use here at R&T to report numbers. Our logo and everything is on it! And that's the problem: nobody at, near, adjacent to, or even tangentially related to R&T has done more than sat inside a GT500 at an auto show or other event.

To be clear, these supposed test numbers that Road & Track got at a test in Las Vegas in May are 100 percent fabricated. When we do get to drive the car, which should be later this year, you can bet we'll be getting performance numbers. But we don't have them yet.

We also asked Ford to chime in on these numbers:

We appreciate our Mustang fans enthusiasm, we also know they appreciate authenticity - especially when we talk Shelby models like the all-new GT500. Ford will announce production performance specs as we get closer to launch.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Road & Track has just confirmed that this sheet is faked!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...ested-the-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-yet/

No, We Haven't Tested the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Yet

An R&T test sheet with performance numbers for the GT500 is floating around online. One problem: We haven't even sat in one yet.

BY TRAVIS OKULSKI
JUN 3, 2019

Nobody outside of Ford has driven the 2020 Mustang GT500. Literally nobody. That's why our ears and eyes perked up when we heard that a test sheet is circulating around the web which says that the car hits 60 in 3.4 seconds and can brake to zero from 60 in 96 feet. Impressive numbers.

But the numbers weren't the only thing that caught our eye. They were written on a work sheet that we use here at R&T to report numbers. Our logo and everything is on it! And that's the problem: nobody at, near, adjacent to, or even tangentially related to R&T has done more than sat inside a GT500 at an auto show or other event.

To be clear, these supposed test numbers that Road & Track got at a test in Las Vegas in May are 100 percent fabricated. When we do get to drive the car, which should be later this year, you can bet we'll be getting performance numbers. But we don't have them yet.

We also asked Ford to chime in on these numbers:

We appreciate our Mustang fans enthusiasm, we also know they appreciate authenticity - especially when we talk Shelby models like the all-new GT500. Ford will announce production performance specs as we get closer to launch.
Thanks for posting this! I thought it was fake but this confirms it. Thanks again Jarstang!

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
GT350 is approximately 3,750

20" wheels instead of 19's
bigger heavier brakes
supercharger
supercharger cooling system
DCT has to weigh more than the 6 speed in the GT350

4,000 lbs seems totally believable to me.
My supercharger box was 286lbs on the crate how much did some card board and foam weight? A PD 2650TVS with its system full of water is going to add 200lbs especially with bigger tensioner and 8 rib ect. I can see 4k lbs easy
Sponsored