Sponsored

Factory narrower tires seems to hook better...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I may have to do that, but don’t want to pay the money if it’s okay. I did have to pay for camber bolts which the dealership installed.
You have (a small amount of) toe out on the front and no camber. Toe out makes the car darty on turn-in and may be contributing. I'd take it somewhere else (somewhere good) and have them do a front alignment.

Go for zero front toe or very slightly negative front toe (i.e. toe-in), and get like -1 to -1.5 degrees of front camber. The toe-in will help it not be so eager to steer into the corner on it's own.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
My dash reads 2 psi higher than my guage. I daily the front at 32psi dash and rear at 27psi dash. Wear looks good

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
This thread has been a good read. I recently adjust my pressure for a cold morning but temp is all over the place around here in lower Alabama. Doesn’t stay consisted. After adjusting and driving to work I’ve read up to 37 on these 305s, and traction is suffering. I think I’m gonna pick a nice mild day and set tears to 30 and fronts to 32 and just roll with it.
I think I made it worse and am riding around on shopping buggy tires.

OP
OP
chagan02

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has been a good read. I recently adjust my pressure for a cold morning but temp is all over the place around here in lower Alabama. Doesn’t stay consisted. After adjusting and driving to work I’ve read up to 37 on these 305s, and traction is suffering. I think I’m gonna pick a nice mild day and set tears to 30 and fronts to 32 and just roll with it.
I think I made it worse and am riding around on shopping buggy tires.
So I lowered mine to those levels and it hooks better, but still not as well as it did factory. As has been covered, this could be due to my 305s being shorter and thus a smaller contact patch. I also think these Michelin’s Pilot Sports don’t like the cold pavement right now.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Your 305/35 or 30s have a larger contact patch than 275/40s. It may not be quite as long but the width is more mm. than you lose length wise. *&This is true at correct air pressures.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My 305's were 31 psi front and rear this AM at 38 degrees outside. Being where I am, this is about as cold as we see, it could be 75 two days from now. I am thinking I get the rears down to maybe 28ish in the 30's. Just going 1 psi every 10 degrees (saw it on a Michelin thing once), that would be 31 psi in the 60's. Once we get back into 70-100 range, Ill just get them around 28 or 29 when it is 70, but 28 rear should do fine for the next few months.

I generally overinflated previous cars, but realized using that method on this car made it lose traction in my eyes.
Sponsored