Factory hood fitment gaps?

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Hey all 17GT here with 8800 miles. I bought this car one owner clean car fax. Just took a close look and noticed the hood doesn’t align perfect. The passenger side has more of a gap where the headlight and front render align. Driver side seems tighter and aligned better. Is this normal?
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
It's typical, but can be fixable. There are 3 possible fixes:
1. There are rubber stoppers under the hood that can be twisted to adjust. They take some effort, but try turning them left until things sit flush. This can cause more hood flutter if they don't sit tight with the hood though...
2. If the center of the hood is lower than the lip if the front piece, you can adjust the hood latch up a bit. Mine was set too low and the squeezing in the middle caused the ends to bend up more.
3. If these don't quite fix it, or fixing it causes too much hood flutter, this is the next thing I'm going to try;
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/front-bumper-cover-and-hood-alignment-issues-fixed.43249/

Good luck, I hope one of these works for you!

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My '18's hood was out of whack when I picked it up, lower on one side, and a larger gap on one side. The height difference was corrected with the rubber bumpers 2017GBGTPP mentioned. Later, I had them adjust the gap under warranty, but I don't know what they did.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Thanks I appreciate it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the quality guy that checked the hood at the factory was on meth so it looked straight enough to him. I hate to say this but it’s common.. but fixable. They throw these cars together. Rejects cause negative production #’s, & nothing gets in the way of productivity!

Sponsored

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Yeah the quality guy that checked the hood at the factory was on meth so it looked straight enough to him. I hate to say this but it’s common.. but fixable. They throw these cars together. Rejects cause negative production #’s, & nothing gets in the way of productivity!
Yea after another hand was and wax I was able to see that ford just out these damn thing together. Gaps everywhere weather stripping uneven surprisingly my interior is good no squeaking but the exterior on these cars are shit, but I love driving this 5.0 coyote above 4K rpms!

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
What can you do if the middle section of the hood to the quarter panel is below the quarter panel line, but the front and back of the hoods are flush (all 4 corners).
Sponsored