Factory Car Cover Storage Question

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I just bought a used factory Shelby car cover and I wonder if there is a recommended method for storing it in the bag? The black stripes seem to be stiff and look like the creases from just stuffing the cover in the bag won't come out, or will take a while at least? I haven't installed it on the car yet, so maybe that will straighten it out, but still wondering if it shouldn't be stored to minimize the wrinkles?
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I just bought a used factory Shelby car cover and I wonder if there is a recommended method for storing it in the bag? The black stripes seem to be stiff and look like the creases from just stuffing the cover in the bag won't come out, or will take a while at least? I haven't installed it on the car yet, so maybe that will straighten it out, but still wondering if it shouldn't be stored to minimize the wrinkles?
I'm assuming this is the cover you are speaking of -

fvcwcl1.jpg

I'm fairly sure these covers are made for Ford by CoverCraft. If it's anything like my covers, you will have trouble fitting it back into the supplied bag.

I store mine in one of these nylon storage bags.

nylonbag.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just to add to my post above, this is how I put on / take off a car cover.

IMG-8473.jpg

Firstly, unhook the cover from the front and back bumpers.

IMG-8471.jpg

Fold the left and right hand sides of the cover to form a strip down the center of the vehicle, making sure the inner material is faced outwards.

IMG-8466.jpg

Then roll the cover up. I go from back to front but either way is fine.

IMG-8469.jpg

Work smoothly and carefully, no tugging!

Putting on the cover is a reverse of this process.

Doing it this way makes putting it back on much easier because you don't need to guess which end is which, avoiding fumbling and potentially causing inadvertent damage to the paint.

OP
OP
GTIIIL

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hey DFB5.0,

Thanks for the post. I’ll try that method and see if it helps. The stripes on the factory cover which are made out of a stiff material-seems like sail material- doesn’t do well when it’s just stuffed in the bag. In hindsight, if I hadn’t bought it sight unseen I probably would have bought a different one.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Just to add to my post above, this is how I put on / take off a car cover.

IMG-8473.jpg

Firstly, unhook the cover from the front and back bumpers.

IMG-8471.jpg

Fold the left and right hand sides of the cover to form a strip down the center of the vehicle, making sure the inner material is faced outwards.

IMG-8466.jpg

Then roll the cover up. I go from back to front but either way is fine.

IMG-8469.jpg

Work smoothly and carefully, no tugging!

Putting on the cover is a reverse of this process.

Doing it this way makes putting it back on much easier because you don't need to guess which end is which, avoiding fumbling and potentially causing inadvertent damage to the paint.
Could you tell me who the cover manufacturer is ?? Also, is that strictly an indoor cover or can it be used outside. Thanks in advance. Nice car AND cover:like:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Could you tell me who the cover manufacturer is ?? Also, is that strictly an indoor cover or can it be used outside. Thanks in advance. Nice car AND cover:like:
The cover is from CoverCraft.

DSC_0256.jpg

Mine is a FormFit that is designed for indoors. CoverCraft have a range of materials to choose from depending on how and where you intend to use it.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/2017-ford-mustang/vehicle-covers/custom-fit-carcovers/

The Noah, WeatherShield HP or HD and Ultratect are suitable for outdoors.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
The cover is from CoverCraft.

DSC_0256.jpg

Mine is a FormFit that is designed for indoors. CoverCraft have a range of materials to choose from depending on how and where you intend to use it.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/2017-ford-mustang/vehicle-covers/custom-fit-carcovers/

The Noah, WeatherShield HP or HD and Ultratect are suitable for outdoors.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have no garage. I "DO" actually use the Weathershield HD from Calfornia Cover .com because I need snow, rain, UV protection. Maybe my cover has a manufacturing defect but the fit is HORRIBLE. I should have sent it back but it's too late now.
Cover.JPG

The cover has so many pleats and looseness that it billows out/up like a sail in only 15 mph breezes. I actually have the cover secured with bungees in 3 places.....front, middle, back and it still billows. As a result, my paint has rub marks on it. It was not a cheap cover. It was $599

I have ordered a NOAH cover. It had better fit like a glove (like yours ) or I will send it back.
Anyhoo enjoy your beautiful car! :thumbsup:
Sponsored