Car cover?

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
So I am in a bit of a pickle, my room mates (also house owner) are moving due to last minute military orders. 2 weeks after finding this out and lining a place up, I now have to leave for 4 months. My plan is to put everything into storage except for the bare minimums to get me through the next month or so. There is a strong possibility that I will be leaving my car on base, that being said I want it protected as best as it can. Any suggestions on a good weather proof cover? Car will most likely sit outside for 4 months unless I can find a garage to store it in. It sucks but it is what it is.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Unless its being parked for weeks at a time i would not bother. Just putting a car caover on and off every is not only a pain in the ass, but unless you get an uber high end one, you may be adding more scratches then you are saving.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Unless its being parked for weeks at a time i would not bother. Just putting a car caover on and off every is not only a pain in the ass, but unless you get an uber high end one, you may be adding more scratches then you are saving.
Maybe you misread? its gonna sit for 4 months...

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
I only have a one bay garage and between my tools and my Harley there's no room for the Mustang. Unfortunately that means here in NY once the first snowfall hits the car will hibernate under a cover. I agonized over picking one that had a good blend of snow, rain, moisture, and ding protection. I settled on the Covercraft cover made from their Noah material. Time will tell how the cover performs but so far the cover fits like a glove and looks as good as as a hibernating Mustang can.

Sponsored

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I only have a one bay garage and between my tools and my Harley there's no room for the Mustang. Unfortunately that means here in NY once the first snowfall hits the car will hibernate under a cover. I agonized over picking one that had a good blend of snow, rain, moisture, and ding protection. I settled on the Covercraft cover made from their Noah material. Time will tell how the cover performs but so far the cover fits like a glove and looks as good as as a hibernating Mustang can.
Pretty much what I am looking for. I am extremely nervous to leave the car sit for 4 months here in FL. We get some pretty nasty thunderstorms complete with heavy rain, hail, and wind. Hoping no hurricanes come through while I'm gone :(.

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
2 on American muscle one with 50 years and one with tri bar pony logo.
+1 for these. I use mine every week when I travel for work and it protects the car very well through the elements, so far. Only issue is I wish it covered the bottom of the wheels more and of course I worry about someone stealing it (they aren't cheap).

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Pretty much what I am looking for. I am extremely nervous to leave the car sit for 4 months here in FL. We get some pretty nasty thunderstorms complete with heavy rain, hail, and wind. Hoping no hurricanes come through while I'm gone :(.
Get a big enough storage unit to house the car as well!

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I got a garage to store it in luckily. I was sweating bullets about it sitting.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Glad you've found a garage - but just as an FYI, here are a couple of pictures of my covercraft evolution - I picked up the bag gust lock, and lock kit from their website. I didn't get rush delivery, and it seemed to take forever to arrive. The fit is very good, and it's not close to as bad to get on as I'd envisioned: just get the mirror pockets on, and it's really straightforward from there. I did just wash my car, so I'm not worried about swirls - plus it's coming off tomorrow anyway - this is just a test fit.
IMG_20150710_223931.jpg
IMG_20150710_223911.jpg
Sponsored