Sponsored

Factory Alarm

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi,

Can anyone describe how the factory alarm behaves when triggered, specifically for MY2021 if there are variations?

I’ve occasionally heard an alarm going off nearby my house at random. Thinking it might be the Mustang, I’ve looked out but there are no lights flashing or horn sounding, just an alarm siren. This will go on for maybe 30 seconds before stopping.

Recently I’ve used the remote start feature on the Ford pass app for those cold mornings and have heard the same alarm go off a couple of seconds after hitting the start button on the app, but before the engine fires up, so I’m now certain it is the car.

If that’s the case I’m going to need to get it sorted.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hi,

Can anyone describe how the factory alarm behaves when triggered, specifically for MY2021 if there are variations?

I’ve occasionally heard an alarm going off nearby my house at random. Thinking it might be the Mustang, I’ve looked out but there are no lights flashing or horn sounding, just an alarm siren. This will go on for maybe 30 seconds before stopping.

Recently I’ve used the remote start feature on the Ford pass app for those cold mornings and have heard the same alarm go off a couple of seconds after hitting the start button on the app, but before the engine fires up, so I’m now certain it is the car.

If that’s the case I’m going to need to get it sorted.
It's not possible it's a nearby car whose alarm goes off? Perhaps a car with an oversensitive alarm that triggers just by you starting the Mustang next to it? I ask since you say you use the Ford pass app, but that app will notify you if your alarm triggers.

From my recollection, at least my 2020 model will flash the lights also when the alarm triggers, though my recollection is no longer what it was.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else see the thread title and think OP was doing some midnight shopping ? :bandit:

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone else see the thread title and think OP was doing some midnight shopping ? :bandit:
I hope that was a joke? I did think the post was might seem a bit shady and I’m cynical enough to probably not reply if someone else asked the question. I do assure you I’ve been a regular here since before most members even owned an S550. I’m on my third now and don’t intend acquiring another one just yet either legitimately or otherwise.

In response to @Michael_vroomvroom it’s not the engine firing up that’s triggering another car’s alarm as it goes off before the engine starts. Plus I’ve heard the same alarm a couple of times go off randomly when I’ve just been sat at home. I’ve also since enabled the security alerts on the Ford pass app, but haven’t used the remote start feature since then. The security alerts are a bit annoying as it notifies you even even when you open or start the car with the key. I’ve noticed even that’s a bit hit and miss as I haven’t had any notifications today despite having driven the car twice. Typical Ford I guess. If there is a fault I don’t hold much hope on Ford being able to fix it. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get any worse.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
In response to @Michael_vroomvroom it’s not the engine firing up that’s triggering another car’s alarm as it goes off before the engine starts. Plus I’ve heard the same alarm a couple of times go off randomly when I’ve just been sat at home. I’ve also since enabled the security alerts on the Ford pass app, but haven’t used the remote start feature since then. The security alerts are a bit annoying as it notifies you even even when you open or start the car with the key.
I have never seen any notifications from opening or starting the car with the key. All alerts have been genuine (jacking up the car but not unlocking it, or someone looking at it through the the open window when the alarm has been enabled, etc.).

If you want to see how the alarm sounds, roll down a window, then go outside and lock the car and reach for something inside the car. That should trigger it.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That’s my next step. Just have to wait until I’m home during sociable hours!
Sponsored