Extended Warranty on used GT350

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Jack at Lombard Ford was super cool. He said I can renew the ESP extended warranty once the current one expires, but I’ll probably sell mine in 2 more years.
You have to renew a current ESP before it expires, not after. And because used ESPs start the day you buy it, you want to do it within the last few days of your current one so you don't pay for over lapped coverage.

Also, you can only renew for the same plan. So if you have basecare you can only renew Basecare. You can't go up to let's say premium care.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
You have to renew a current ESP before it expires, not after. And because used ESPs start the day you buy it, you want to do it within the last few days of your current one so you don't pay for over lapped coverage.

Also, you can only renew for the same plan. So if you have basecare you can only renew Basecare. You can't go up to let's say premium care.
In regards to Lombard Ford, you can obtain a FORD ESP plan even if your gt350 is out of warranty like I did. I found from a Facebook gt350 forum and the reason I bought my 2017 gt350. They sent an inspector to my home and a few days later Jack called me and I had my choice of various plans.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
In regards to Lombard Ford, you can obtain a FORD ESP plan even if your gt350 is out of warranty like I did. I found from a Facebook gt350 forum and the reason I bought my 2017 gt350. They sent an inspector to my home and a few days later Jack called me and I had my choice of various plans.
I'm very aware of this. My post is specific to renewing an ESP that is already in effect. Not purchasing an original ESP outside of warranty.

I'm correcting Lombards statement which is wrong. If you want to renew one, you need to buy the renewal BEFORE the ESP expires.. and to add, you can't go up from whatever level your original plan was from the ESP.

dave_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Hi everyone! Was going to start a new thread but figured it would be redundant.

I’m in the market for a gt350 and am in socal. Looking at 16-18 (most 19/20 are a little outside my budget). Anyway just learned that you can’t get an ESP warranty from outside of California. Believe it was legislation passed effective 3/1/23. Specifically, you can’t buy from Lombard, Flood Ford, etc. to obtain the ESP at their rates.

So I have a few questions;

1. Well, just in general, If a car I’m looking at has an existing powertrain, or any existing Ford warranty that will expires soon, can I extend it through Ford?

2. Third party warranty companies scare me and usually the cost is pretty high. But any positive experiences specific with a gt350?

3. If I have family in another state, can I use their address to purchase the warranty? And then if I needed to use said warranty in CA, would the warranty service be denied, or does Ford just see/care that it’s attached to the VIN/Fordpass? Thanks so much!

ktulu26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Package
Yes, I did the exact same last fall when I purchased mine. I think what Blwnsmoke is saying is that if you want to "renew" (without having to risk inspection and all that) then you can do that only while the existing coverage is in effect.
Sponsored