Extended Warranty on used GT350

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
1. I love the 350. It’s such a unique package.

2. I looked at Ziegler, flood, and Lombard. I ended up talking to someone at Lombard. Talking with someone, who then consulted with their manager got me the best price.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome..... I am super excited about owning one and also having peace of mind that everything will be covered. Will definitely contact all and see how I can negotiate the best price...
I am assuming that the extended warranty needs to be completed before the original runs out? any advantage to doing it sooner vs later? In other words, if I get a 2018 vs a 2017 I may have a year or even two left on the factory warranty before it runs out....

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have gotten quotes from Lombard with their discount code and Flood Ford is still a better price. I wonder if we did a group buy if there could be potentially more savings.
My experience is that it takes a large number to get a group discount.. unless the Mustang 6g forum directors could swing an organizational discount for the entire group?

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
That's awesome..... I am super excited about owning one and also having peace of mind that everything will be covered. Will definitely contact all and see how I can negotiate the best price...
I am assuming that the extended warranty needs to be completed before the original runs out? any advantage to doing it sooner vs later? In other words, if I get a 2018 vs a 2017 I may have a year or even two left on the factory warranty before it runs out....
The 3 year 36k warranty on a 2017 gt 350 runs out in 2020. Get the vin number of the gt 350 you want to buy and call any ford dealership service department and provide them with the vin number and ask them the exact dates both warranties expire plus ask if all factory recalls have been addressed . You can ask for an oasis report and it’ll have all the information you need on work done to the car . I bought the 5 year 36k bumper premium care warranty before my 3 year 36k warranty ran out on May 10, 2019 which gives me until May 10, 2021(it starts from original purchase date of May 10, 2016) from ford flood for $990.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Yep. I believe you have to buy the extended warranty before the 3yr/36k mile mark. So you want to find a car that was originally bought in August 2016 or later. It cost the same no matter when you buy the extended warranty, as long as it's before the original warranty expires, so it really makes no difference when it's purchased.

Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, figured I'd comment and see what people do now says for warranties. It seems like the future state for people looking at used GT350's (like myself) don't have the Ford ESP option, especially on 2017's. Anyone have any positive 3rd part warranty stories?

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Hey everyone, figured I'd comment and see what people do now says for warranties. It seems like the future state for people looking at used GT350's (like myself) don't have the Ford ESP option, especially on 2017's. Anyone have any positive 3rd part warranty stories?
Lombard Ford offers warranties on gt350s that are out of warranty. They’ll send an inspector to your home and you’ll take him on a 10 minute test drive and he’ll inspect the interior, exterior ,engine and transmission underneath to make sure everything is intact and there are no leaks or issues with the air conditioning unit. Ask for Jack. He took care of me and provided me with the Ford ESP warranty That’s good at any Ford dealership. I’ve used it twice already. I’ve had three gt350s.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lombard Ford offers warranties on gt350s that are out of warranty. They’ll send an inspector to your home and you’ll take him on a 10 minute test drive and he’ll inspect the interior, exterior ,engine and transmission underneath to make sure everything is intact and there are no leaks or issues with the air conditioning unit. Ask for Jack. He took care of me and provided me with the Ford ESP warranty That’s good at any Ford dealership. I’ve used it twice already. I’ve had three gt350s.
Just out of curiosity, what does that run?

Sponsored

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
I bought a 2016 gt350 in March 2021 with 1500 miles on it. I ended up purchasing warranty from evercare direct. Full power train, covers everything except tires. I ended up paying 232 a month for 24 months roughly about 5500. But the warranty is good for 5 years or 60k miles which ever comes first. I just hit 24 months couple of weeks ago. So now I have no payment I did have to replace battery but was covered and replaced backup camera. So I have 3 more yrs with no payment. Car just hit 9k miles. Evercare direct I recommend so far.

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
I correct myself. 5yrs 75k miles. Which Ever comes first.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba